Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl 43: Steelers -vs- Cardinals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Congrats to the Steeler the w*nkers excellent Bowl though :D

Yeah, fair play to them, but I personally hate defensive teams winning (although that's what gets them in those positions!). I'm happy for Mike Tomlin, I like him, but I couldn't give a toss about the Seelers, except for perhaps Polamalu who's immense, and a top pro on and off the field. Ben "I don't wear a motorbike helmet" Roethlisberger can p1ss off tbh! (Yes I'm bitter!):D

Coupled with AZ being the underdog, I'm sick the Cards didn't win, especially in the manner they came back and took the lead.

If anything, that Fitzgerald 65yd TD came with too much time on the clock.

Great game again. Delighted it went to the wire, and as good as last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

By the way, just in case he hasn't reminded you enough, Rod Woodson has won a Superbowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

377 yards and 3 TD's for Warner. If that guy doesn't make the HOF, I'm tellin ya....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Epic fail..... regardless of whether the steelers win or not. The above said at HT. :D:D:D:D Sorry couldnt resist.

I called the right result - only one of the 2 of us who did that!
    I saw your comment on offense winning games only, not championships and your thoughts on the Pittsburgh offense being overrated.

Epic fail on your part....:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I couldn't be a Steelers fan, seriously, or even a fan of a team in the Steelers' division.

It's as if, instead of going through progressions, Ben runs over to every receiver with the ball cocked, checking if they're open, and if they're not, he runs to the next one, and so on until he finds one or he gets sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

Does that now mean they're world champions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

GARRETT.K wrote: »
    Best teamin NFL doesnt always win it

No they are Officially the best team now with the most wins in the league.

The rich guy who knows nothing about sports gets his trophy. Capitalism is alive and well...........

davyjose wrote: »
    The rich guy who knows nothing about sports gets his trophy. Capitalism is alive and well...........

So true, it's a bit like giving Malcom Glazer the Champions league cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 GARRETT.K

gamblitis wrote: »
    No they are Officially the best team now with the most wins in the league.

I know what your saying but thats my point look at the Patriots last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Sickened, watchin those ****in *****rds win. THe cards aint my team but I hate the steelers.

I'll stop you there ... The Giants were the best team in the playoffs AND the best team in the NFL since for the first half of the season. there's a big argument to say that when the Superbowl came round, the Giants were the best team in the NFL.

It means they are champions of the world, not the best team in the world.

LOL @ Mike Tomlin saying that when it comes to Steelers football you can leave the style points out. So true.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Codofwar wrote: »
    Sickened, watchin those ****in *****rds win. THe cards aint my team but I hate the steelers.
    Everybody loves the underdog. To be fair, Pittsburg made some great plays, and set some new records; fair play.

If Ben Roethlisberger gets MVP it'll be the biggest robbery since the 2000 Presidential Election. Two Superbowls at 26 is impressive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

What a 4th quarter, well worth missing a few hours sleep for

Overheal wrote: »
    Everybody loves the underdog. To be fair, Pittsburg made some great plays, and set some new records; fair play.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's always nice to see the underdog win.

Goodnight folks. Congrats Steelers. Hard luck Cards. Bit gutted but I'll survive, Great game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 GARRETT.K

I'll stop you there ... The Giants were the best team in the playoffs AND the best team in the NFL since for the first half of the season. there's a big argument to say that when the Superbowl came round, the Giants were the best team in the NFL.

????How does 16-0 not make you the best team in the regular season,not to mention 2 wins in the post season.any way its too late in the evening to get into that!!we will agree to differ

• Advertisement

Kurt Warner Super Bowl stats:

24/45 for 414 yds and 2 TDs
    28/44 for 365 yds and 1 TD
    31/43 for 377 yds and 2 TDS

Average of 385 yds per Super Bowl

One ring.
    One HOF jacket...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Oh yeah i know what ya mean alright.I don't think they are the best myself tbh.I'm an Eagles fan myself.

Im sorry davy but thats just nonsense.

????How does 16-0 not make you the best team in the regular season,not to mention 2 wins in the post season.any way its too late in the evening to get into that!!we will agree to differ

Agreed. The Giants? Nah.

Karlusss wrote: »
    Kurt Warner Super Bowl stats:

24/45 for 414 yds and 2 TDs
    28/44 for 365 yds and 1 TD
    31/43 for 377 yds and 3 TDS

Average of 385 yds per Super Bowl

One ring.
    One HOF jacket...

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As an Oakland raiders fan I cant tell you how important it is to have a great owner to be a succesful NFL team, I think alot people underestimate it.

As an Oakland raiders fan I cant tell you how important it is to have a great owner to be a succesful NFL team, I think alot people underestimate it.

Al Davis was a great owner, but is not anymore.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Im sorry davy but thats just nonsense.

Which part of it? That the Giants weren't the best team in the first half of the season, or that they weren't the best team when they won the SB.

It's not nonsense to say either of those things.

yeah, but by giving the trophy to the owner, the NFL are overestimating it.

• Advertisement

Which part of it? That the Giants weren't the best team in the first half of the season, or that they weren't the best team when they won the SB.

It's not nonsense to say either of those things.

Parse it this way:

2007 New England Patriots were the best team ever, in the Regular Season.

New York Giants were the best team in the NFL, when they won the Super Bowl. It's definitely not nonsense to say that. In fact, it doesn't make sense any other way.

Advertisement