Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theory test cd but no cd drive.

• 19-01-2009 4:39am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How does the theory test cd work? Does it install the software on the pc in question or do you need to have it in the cd in the drive all the time. The reason I ask is I'm using a netbook and it doesn't have a cd drive. I can get around the need for a cd drive but it requires effort. :)

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

The easiest way to do it that comes to mind right now is to find a computer in your house that does have a CD drive and make an ISO from the disk. Then transfer that file over a network and mount it with Daemon Tools on your notebook. It works wonders, tried it before myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was planning on doing that if needs be. I have access to an external cd drive at work which I could use to install. Just wondering if you need the cd after the installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Nah, it doesn't even install anything. It's a load-from-cd type of thing. The only thing I will say from my experience is that if you make the ISO with Vista, it only works on Vista machines and the same with XP. It may have just been the way I did it but just throwing that in there. But then you're just going to use an external drive, so it should be all okay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd be using it from home and I can't use the external cd drive from home. Looks like I'll have to rip the iso and mount with magicdisk. I hope this thing works in windows 7 beta. I assume most bookshops or the DTT centre should have this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Does anyone know if the DTT CD is the sort of interactive CD that will play on some DVD players using the remote control for selection of topics/answers etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

kleefarr wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Does anyone know if the DTT CD is the sort of interactive CD that will play on some DVD players using the remote control for selection of topics/answers etc?

It's a CD-ROM, so a computer is required AFAIK.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 minhas1989

Hello,

I'm looking for second edition cd of driving book. Is anyone have then please let me know.. its urgent.

Thanks
    Hardy

Advertisement