Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New U2 single -Get on your boots

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

The song, the lyrics - It's just naff.
    It reminds me of Madge in her leotards, just stop.

Not a Bruce Springstein fan but his new album is - how can I say - fitting!
    It's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

I was looking for the Grammy performance on Youtube when i stumbled across this cover version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy41mn00VK8

I think it's much better than the original...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Garbage as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I think it's much better than the original...

that version actually makes the song sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Love most of U2's previous stuff, always have had great time for the band, but this song is probably the worst they've ever done and I can't listen to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Looks like someone at Universal will be getting fired this morning. Some enterprising fan was listening to clips on their Getmusic Australian site and tried to buy the tracks. The site let him buy them all and download them as well. So the album is out there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

iMax wrote: »
    Looks like someone at Universal will be getting fired this morning. Some enterprising fan was listening to clips on their Getmusic Australian site and tried to buy the tracks. The site let him buy them all and download them as well. So the album is out there now.

meh. i think they do this deliberately. I did listen to 30 sec clips, from another "mistake", and it sounded good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

asdasd wrote: »
    meh. i think they do this deliberately. I did listen to 30 sec clips, from another "mistake", and it sounded good.

Yeah, the sound quality is about 64kpbs reencoded at 256kbps to make it look like a decent quality copy. It's a deliberate leak, probably for a publicity stunt too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

A friend is listening to it right now & it's excellent quality. A friend is also buying a copy of it when it's out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,961 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

iMax wrote: »

Its out there allright,quality is cd quality most definitely.
    Very disappointing album overall after listening to it a couple of times.
    After over 4 years waiting for this its a big letdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,343 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just performed it (the first single) there on the Brits. Absolutely dire to be honest.

Advertisement