Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbers kill pensioner's budgie

• 19-01-2009 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Burglars killed a pensioner's budgie in front of her because she refused to hand over her savings. The pair, in their 20s, threatened the 78-year-old with her walking stick before fleeing with £100 cash in Cathays, Cardiff.

Police said: "It was despicable. She is deeply upset. "She has lost her pet budgie which she described as her soulmate."

I hope they catch the bas*ards that done this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7836055.stm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

'...did this.'
    When you confused did/done, you're killing the grammar budgie.

If they do catch the bastards, they won't face this as another charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

That is awful preying on the elderly .The B......s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I hope they catch the bas*ards that done this.
    Karoma wrote: »
    If they do catch the bastards, they won't face this as another charge.
    I got an infraction for less. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Self-imposed ban for 2 weeks for using naughty language. My bad.

Good chap, that'll put manners on you. Although the guide is only 48 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Good chap, that'll put manners on you. Although the guide is only 48 hours.

Says our favourite back seat mod :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

I think a fitting punishment would for people like these is to be fed into a wood chipper feet first, pulled out half way out and then feed them through for another while.

Aw your favourite? Really? Shucks :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Says our favourite back seat mod :D:D
    And there was me thinking someone made her a mod.

Ah well, chalk it down.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Bond-007 wrote: »
    And there was me thinking someone made her a mod.

Ah well, chalk it down.

Ah sure its much better to be a backseat mod.

• Advertisement

:eek: 3 mods posting in the one thread - must be a record.

For the record Bond, is it ok for other mods to swear on the forum? Or do you hand out infractions based on who you dislike?

Or maybe it's how they are filtered, for example If I wrote Bastards, I'm not filtering (as karoma above) so you can assume that I mean it in the dictionary sense of the word. But if I filter it, then you know I meant it as a swear?

Like If I say bitch, I am talking about a female dog, but if I say b**ch, you know I mean it as a swear?

(BTW surely this thread should have been closed by now seeing as how it's gone so far off topic. :p)

EDIT: My apologies Karoma, I didn't notice your name is not at the bottom anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭zap27

Had a budgie for years when i was a kid-really intelligent bird and great fun. Have seen a lot of very stupid budgies in my time though as well. Still total scum to do this-why does poster not think they could definitely not face extra charge? Cruelty is Cruelty be it dog, cat or budgie. A pet loving judge could see it differently

Advertisement