Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 Punto starter motor problem - question

Options
  • 19-01-2009 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've an aging 98 punto, everything in good nick except i think the starter motor is gone.
    Previously it took two goes to start her(past week), a 30 second wait in between ignition trys.(i wasn't lazy just thought the battery was low each time and a good spin would sort it out)

It's not a flat battery though now as reading light comes on when the car door opens and can turn lights and wipers on when trying to start it.

Does anyone know what i'd be looking at for a refurbed starter motor or a brand new one and labour?

I'm with the AA so i'll get them to tow it if they can't start it to a pre-arranged mechanic shop yeah? - i literally don't know this too, i presume this is what i do???

Cheers

N

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A battery can still be too weak to start the engine but can still operate some of the electrics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

This recent cold weather is zapping batteries. If the starter motor is engaging and turning the engine over, even slower than it would normally do, then your starter motor is probably grand and the battery is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

cheers lads! even better so!

Thanks

N

Advertisement