Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing a soft trigger

Options
  • 19-01-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

I bought a JG G36K before christmas. It has a very mushy trigger pull which I would prefer was more sensitive (especially for single shot). I am planning to open the gun up to take a look at it. But before I do (and possibly do something I can't fix) I thought I should ask whether this is something that can be changed/adjusted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

it could be something as simple as the trigger spring, which can be changed without splitting the gearbox or something a little more complicated as the trigger contacts needing adjusting or replacing.

youtube is a good place to see whats involved and get tips, saves you making the mistakes yourself when you see how other lads do it.

also mexhbox.com is fairly good for info.

its a version 3 gear box youll be looking for info on.

if you do split her, the best thing i leaned was to stick a small screwdriver into the back, when you have the gear box out, split it about 2mil, insert the screwdriver in and hold it seady as you lift off the upper half, this keeps the spring guide & spring in place so it doesnt fly appart.

gb123db7.jpg

the red circled area is where you slip the scredriver.
    the green area is where your trigger spring will be
    the blue is where the trigger contacts are located.

you should be able to inspect the gearbox and see where the problem is before needing to split it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is it your first aeg?

You may just not be used to them.

While you could improve the trigger spring, it is worth noting that an aeg trigger brings together two contacts to work, these contacts have more surface area brought together the further the trigger is pulled.
    As there is alot of current passing through these contacts, you want that large surface area, or they will corrode, reducing rof.

You want there to be a decent pull between not firing and full trigger pull, so naturally there will be a long pull on the trigger, its nothing like a real one.

We have a g36c in the apartment, I know what the trigger pull is like, and I get what you are saying, but you're likely better off leaving it be until you are more knowledgeable about aegs. I've personally never considered it an issue, much less one worth mucking around in a perfectly good gearbox for.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Sam's advice is well worth listening to, sometimes with AEGs if its not broken then you may be better off leaving well enough alone, but if youre really not happy with it and are in some way technically minded at all or know someone who is, then go for it, just do as much research as possible on that particular gun & gearbox before you open it up.

try to rember or mark out where & what way everything goes, used a cardboard shiloutte of the gun or modeling clay to keep track of screws & small items, and just keep at it until you have it firing right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

It is my first AEG. I probably was a little spoiled by the trigger pull on my GBB :-)

From the advice I think it is better to leave well enough alone for the moment. But thanks for the help and suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Yeah a gbb has an actual hammer the trigger releases, its a more crisp sort of action.

Aeg triggers are just connected to an electrical contact, that slide in a small frame, so they feel a bit squidgy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement