Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring contacts

• 19-01-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,

just wondering whats the best way of transferring contacts from a Nokia to a Samsung? When you copy from phone onto the sim and then onto the new phone you lose data. With nokia to nokia its easy with Nokia PC Suite but is there a similar program for samsung and can read a nokia back up?

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

personally i think the best would be www.zyb.com

you sign up to an account and tell it what phone you have. it sends settings to your phone and gives an exact guide of how to synchronise your contacts with the website.

then you put your sim in the samsung, tell zyb you have that phone, it sends the settings again and synchronises.

et viola

and of course you have a permanent back up of your contacts that doesn't get lost if you lose your phone or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    personally i think the best would be www.zyb.com

you sign up to an account and tell it what phone you have. it sends settings to your phone and gives an exact guide of how to synchronise your contacts with the website.

then you put your sim in the samsung, tell zyb you have that phone, it sends the settings again and synchronises.

et viola

and of course you have a permanent back up of your contacts that doesn't get lost if you lose your phone or whatever

A must for every phone user.....Excellent find Sam, just solved a problem for me again A++

On Zyb can you make calls through skype to normal mobiles and landlines, I hit the call button and it went to use microsoft net meeting (which i've never used)

Advertisement