Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

getting car tax (off road for two months) NCT

Options
  • 19-01-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I got the car the last week of Dec, insured on the 31st. the week or two after the new year the change of name was sorted. I'm getting a lift to Naas to get the tax sorted (I've the form stamped and signed) but, do I need a current NCT?, it's out less than a month (I'm booking it now, would have done it earlier but it seemed a bit slow on the name change) would proof that it's booked be acceptable?

I'd like to know soon because my father is coming over in a bit to pick me up to go to Naas, I'd prefer to ring him soon and tell him that I can't go. It'll be less giving out that way. I was going to ask the garda when I was getting it stamped but he was being an ... well lets just say he wasn't very helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

And it's being taxed as private.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

you don't need to have a NCT to tax a car - jsut leave it blank.
    it used to be that way when it was first introduced but so many people were just not getting a n NCT so couldn't Tax the car so they just scrapped it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Yeah, I was trying to ring the office and I even sent them an email, the didn't answer the phone but they replied to the email. I don't need it.

Advertisement