Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Limerick people "anti Dublin"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

An File wrote: »
    Oh dear, yet another case of somebody confusing ASR for Comp! :rolleyes:

Oh don't even get me started on the Comp.:D Joking/Slagging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I hate people from Ard Scoil Ris, It was always known as the gay school:D

At least we all got some form of action unlike you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

At least we all got some form of action unlike you :)

Well one in the hand is worth two in the bush, nevermind the ass:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

tinytina wrote: »
    Try driving around Limerick in a D-reg car and see how you get on! I used to when I moved here first, and christ, cars would rather drive through you rather than let you out of a side street. I now have an LK-plate and the difference is astonishing.

But you get that everywhere, the people outside the capital often have the impression that people from the capital are 'up themselves' or are looking down on them. To be honest that is not the case, except for the very occassional nob!

I haven't had hassle since moving here, but have been privy to conversations in work where people complain about dubliners, and when I pop my head up and say "eh hello!", they're like "Oh you're so nice, we forget you're from Dublin" :rolleyes: eejits.

Well having worked in a national call center, let me assure you that it's most deffinately the case.
    People from Dublin (not all obviously) can be very rude both intentionally and non intentionally.
    Ask them their phone mumber and they seem to forget that Dublin does in fact have an area code!
    And they get annoyed when you ask for it!

And the amount of times that people appologised to me for being from Limerick!:mad:

Or the classic "Jaysus I cudn't understaaaaaaaand that last guy. Sure he wuz from down da cuntry somewhere".:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well having worked in a national call center, let me assure you that it's most deffinately the case.
    People from Dublin (not all obviously) can be very rude both intentionally and non intentionally.
    Ask them their phone mumber and they seem to forget that Dublin does in fact have an area code!

And the amount of times that people appologised to me for being from Limerick!:mad:

Or the classic "Jaysus I cudn't understaaaaaaaand that last guy. Sure he wuz from down da cuntry somewhere".:rolleyes:

On boards.ie you often get people from Dublin asking whats the best restaurant in town?(what town) or whats the best way to the airport?(what airport).

I was asked by a "Dub" in a call centre for my post code. I said I didnt have one and was told everywhere in Dublin has a post code. I said "What part of County Tipperary lead you to believe I was in Dublin?"

I was asked on Grafton street to try some lynx deodorant and tell them what I thought to get tickets to Lillys or some nightclub or other. I said "what nightclub"
    "Lillys"
    "Never heard of it"
    " yer wha? everybody has heard of lillys "
    "not me"
    "Why, where are you from"
    "Limerick(at the time)"
    "Where is that"

*Sigh :(

You see in my opinion a lot of Dublin people live in their own worlds and consider that Dublin is the epicentre of the country. It may have been but since retail parks opened and the government departments started to move out they are not the epicentre anymore.

On people apologising for being from Limerick. I often get asked in Dundalk "jesus, whats it like to live there?"

I just look a them dumfounded. They get the message and scuttle off embarassed for even asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

Berty wrote: »
    On boards.ie you often get people from Dublin asking whats the best restaurant in town?(what town) or whats the best way to the airport?(what airport).

I was asked by a "Dub" in a call centre for my post code. I said I didnt have one and was told everywhere in Dublin has a post code. I said "What part of County Tipperary lead you to believe I was in Dublin?"

I was asked on Grafton street to try some lynx deodorant and tell them what I thought to get tickets to Lillys or some nightclub or other. I said "what nightclub"
    "Lillys"
    "Never heard of it"
    " yer wha? everybody has heard of lillys "
    "not me"
    "Why, where are you from"
    "Limerick(at the time)"
    "Where is that"

*Sigh :(

You see in my opinion a lot of Dublin people live in their own worlds and consider that Dublin is the epicentre of the country. It may have been but since retail parks opened and the government departments started to move out they are not the epicentre anymore.

On people apologising for being from Limerick. I often get asked in Dundalk "jesus, whats it like to live there?"

I just look a them dumfounded. They get the message and scuttle off embarassed for even asking.

dundalk isn't bad to live it. i go to school there and its only the like 3 estates that have knackers. this thread has just turned into a fight between limerick and dublin people. which is pretty stupid because people posting on here aren't the ones that would be shouting abuse at anyone whether they be from limerick or dublin. people hate limerick knackers and dublin knackers. not every person in the two counties are scum... it just so happens that the majority of people that you meet walking down the streets and hanging round shopping centres in cities are knackers...so just say everyone hates the knackers of ireland!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

laura! wrote: »
    dundalk isn't bad to live it. i go to school there and its only the like 3 estates that have knackers.
    lol, talk about missing the point of the post. He was saying people in Dundalk wask him what its like to live in Limerick.

zuroph wrote: »
    lol, talk about missing the point of the post. He was saying people in Dundalk wask him what its like to live in Limerick.

ya as in saying that a person from dundalk would ask what its like to live in a place like that when dundalk is seen as just the same as limerick in terms of how people view it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

FACT haha

ya as in saying that a person from dundalk would ask what its like to live in a place like that when dundalk is seen as just the same as limerick in terms of how people view it
    nope, just that he's in dundalk a bit. Maybe you read too much into the post due to ur prejudices ;)

• Advertisement

nope, just that he's in dundalk a bit. Maybe you read too much into the post due to ur prejudices ;)

im not prejudice. people often say the way it goes it terms of like roughness in area is:

1.limerick
    2. north dub
    3. dundalk

so perhaps i read it wrong but it would be easy it take that meaning from it

im not prejudice. people often say the way it goes it terms of like roughness in area is:

1.limerick
    2. north dub
    3. dundalk

so perhaps i read it wrong but it would be easy it take that meaning from it
    never heard that. ever. And I've been to Dundalk and know the roughness, its maybe slightly worse than other country towns.

never heard that. ever. And I've been to Dundalk and know the roughness, its maybe slightly worse than other country towns.

it's rough is parts.... like a fella was killed last week with a machete. but alota places it's not rough. but from the rough parts it gets a bad name.it's just the knackers that give it a name. you were probably in a nice part

I was in the barracks. I was target for a nice bit of abuse due to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Haha thats so true!!

Oh yeah Dublin people when you ring them or they ring you! I have a neutral accent so its fair easy to understand me, but when i was working in a call center, the thing with the area code is very true! They even get annoyed when you ring them back even though they asked for a call back :D

I also agree with them couldnt understand people, we had lads from Germany/France and some african nations, and they'd always go on about not understanding their accents! When everyone else didnt complain at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

TheLoc wrote: »
    FACT haha

641.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

The sheer hypocrisy here is startling and depressing. On the one hand you have good posters like Liam Byrne saying never group all people together, take people as individuals and saying how come its never reported that a crime happened in Dublin, they always specify where it was, as opposed to a fella being shot “in limerick” and it’s a fair point, and everyone agreed.
    Then on the very same thread u have Karma/Berty etc going on about “Dublin people” as a group and their ignorance and so on, on the phone!All Dubs are ignorant on the phone! All 1 million of them! So when someone uses “Limerick people” as a group, its typical Dublin ignorance…..but when a Limerick person does it about Dubs, its totally acceptable……HYPOCRITES!!!

Ah now Liam neither one of us said all 1 million dubliners are the same.

I gave examples of individual conversation with dubliners. I have also had similar arguments with Dell technical support in India asking me how far from the service centre in London I am and after telling them Im in Ireland she said " I thought that they had the same government".

Certain Individuals have pre conceptions of Limerick and also others on Dublin and by what I just read Dundalk( Fundalk ). :D

I am ashamed to say that a bouncer was giving me and my girlfriend crap in Galway years ago about her fake ID(LOL) and I said something like "how do you know its fake when its an ID from the red cross in west clare". He asked "Where are you from". I said "Limerick" and he said "Sorry, in you go". I was thinking WTF but took advantage of the situation and went in.

So Liam, thats not a remark about the 150,000 or so people in Galway just that one bouncer and the same goes for people in Dublin or Dundalk.

Try to see the lighter side of it. Its not to distant from thinking your soccer/rugby team is better than the next team and each person defending their honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Liam79 wrote: »
    The sheer hypocrisy here is startling and depressing. On the one hand you have good posters like Liam Byrne saying never group all people together, take people as individuals and saying how come its never reported that a crime happened in Dublin, they always specify where it was, as opposed to a fella being shot “in limerick” and it’s a fair point, and everyone agreed.
    Then on the very same thread u have Karma/Berty etc going on about “Dublin people” as a group and their ignorance and so on, on the phone!All Dubs are ignorant on the phone! All 1 million of them! So when someone uses “Limerick people” as a group, its typical Dublin ignorance…..but when a Limerick person does it about Dubs, its totally acceptable……HYPOCRITES!!!

:rolleyes:

Seeing as you like the old capitals please allow me.

CAN YOU READ ENGLISH?!!!!!

You see what you did there?

Good.

I accept your appology.

:rolleyes:

Seeing as you like the old capitals please allow me.

CAN YOU READ ENGLISH?!!!!!

You see what you did there?

Good.

I accept your appology.

Hiss :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Just heard that Kilbarrack tosser Maxwell and his completely unfunny Offaly tit sidekick Delamere joking on the Panel joking about a TV show called "Dell or no Dell". Sick. War's back on kids. We hate them all!

God i hate that think (unt Maxwell!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

topper75 wrote: »
    Just heard that Kilbarrack tosser Maxwell and his completely unfunny Offaly tit sidekick Delamere joking on the Panel joking about a TV show called "Dell or no Dell". Sick. War's back on kids. We hate them all!

Agree about Maxwell, but in the context of this thread they also referred to the "Gardai renting hotel rooms" story during the week with "Tallaght has a Four-Star Hotel ? That must just mean you can get a pizza delivered!":D

So let's not get TOO sensitive, folks.....as long as the slagging is spread around (and as long as it's funny), there's no problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It was a stupid cheap shot against Tallaght too. I won't condone it.

However, making a laugh of people losing their jobs is really low. Just sits one step over making a laugh over somebody's death. That short of material, are they?

topper75 wrote: »
    I have to say, the panel has gotten completely ****e. none of them are funny at all. Maxwell theodd time but then he ruins it be saying something stupid that a kid could make up. Delemare is just a waster. Darragh O'brien or whatever, is a legend though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

I have to say, the panel has gotten completely ****e. none of them are funny at all. Maxwell theodd time but then he ruins it be saying something stupid that a kid could make up. Delemare is just a waster. Darragh O'brien or whatever, is a legend though.

mock the week now thats a quality show

yea the scottish fella is briiliant

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055476542

Where-ever Dord is from, must be anti-limerick too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

yea the scottish fella is briiliant

Frankie Boyle complete ledgend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055476542

Where-ever Dord is from, must be anti-limerick too!!

And underneath his/her username it says "Moderator" !!! :rolleyes:

Looks like no-one is immune to off-topic, brain-dead, unfunny prejudices..... :rolleyes:

Still, anyone that ignorant, unfunny and paranoid deserves our sympathy, not our anger.....I mean, the poor sod has enough stacked against them, and to add to that they're probably unfortunate enough to be from Dublin, too, and a Leinster rugby supporter, too !! :D

Advertisement