Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo artist loyalty

Options
  • 19-01-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Is it common for people to get tattoos from different artists in the same studio? Because ive got a few tattoos off a certain artist that i am very happy with, but would also love to get a piece done by someone else in the same shop. But i dunno if this could be insulting to the original artist?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't think it'd be insulting at all really, everyone knows they have strong points and what they're not as good as, other people are better at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I agree with Damo, its your body and you should go to whoever will do the best job of that particular tatt.

*but*

I do go to the same artist all the time, and would feel bad going else where. having said that, hes awesome at the kind of work I like so maybe if I change styles as such, I'll change artist.

A good artist should know their strengths/weaknesses and pass on a piece they wont do a good job on imo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

i have a few regular artists and they all know i am a collector as well i have decided that my entire left leg will be radom from diffrent artists all over, a bit of fun at conventions and what not to get something done by someone diffrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Its simple the only person u have to be loyal to is urself, in saying that all my tats were done by the one guy, i like his style and luv all the work he has done for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11 primus105

Alright cool, thanks for clearing that up for me everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mouwt

I go to the same guy all the time, but I have friends who have been tattooed by various artists, its just personal choice at the end of the day, I even know guys who have started a piece with artist and finished it with another artist....

Advertisement