Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any snow with ya

Options
  • 19-01-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

just had a small flurry here, nothing sticking, nice view of the snow capped mountians though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's snowing fairly heavily in Coolaney & it's sticking - looked out the window this morning to see the whole place covered in snow. It looks great but I'm dreading getting into the car now... my car slides everywhere when it's wet or frosty - even with new tyres!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I was in the middle of saying not a flake around sligo town , then I decided to look out the window to be sure and wayhey :D. Hopefully snowman time this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

* adopts german accent *

Ja , ve haf snow here in UK *

just one of my moements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Austin 3:16

Snow in the Tipperary mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Snow in the Tipperary mountains!

its along way to tipperary

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bennyc wrote: »
    I was in the middle of saying not a flake around sligo town , then I decided to look out the window to be sure and wayhey :D. Hopefully snowman time this evening.

no snow around my part of town

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Yeah it stopped as quick as it started :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Started drifting down slowly and really picked up for ten minutes. Now it has stopped. :( (Knocknarea)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Pity there wasn't some bloody snow or torrental rain last night. Could have helped put out my chimney fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Pity there wasn't some bloody snow or torrental rain last night. Could have helped put out my chimney fire!
    You're joking!

Any major damage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Thankfully no. It burned itself out after about 10 mins. Thankfully it wasn't that major. Cleaned the chimney about 2 years ago so it shouldn't be that bad. Was very close to putting the fire out and blocking the bottom of the chimney to starve the fire.

Another job on the to do list for me this year.......

It snowed for around 2 hours here, so I thought the roads would be bad, but there was hardly any snow down in the village & when I'd got back from town it was all melted. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Oh lordy Big_Mac, hope everything's okay.

Lots of brief flurries of snow in the retail park today, but not a flake of it stuck. :( It'll be interesting to see the road in tomorrow morning though........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It's snowing fairly heavily in Coolaney & it's sticking - looked out the window this morning to see the whole place covered in snow. It looks great but I'm dreading getting into the car now... my car slides everywhere when it's wet or frosty - even with new tyres!

Blimey I hope you don't run into me!...same village and all that, if I see a car sliding all over the place I'll know its you:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    Blimey I hope you don't run into me!...same village and all that, if I see a car sliding all over the place I'll know its you:D

If you see a car sliding ANYWHERE, it's probably me! ;)

Advertisement