Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Omniplex

Options
  • 19-01-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Advertising all week for My Bloody Valentine in 3D, The 3D part being emphasised. Arrived out there for the 11.40 show last Saturday night, signs up everywhere for the movie..in 3D....Get to the counter and there in tiny writing on a piece of paper sellotaped to the glass..My bloody Valentine is not in 3d :mad: I asked the Desk attendant why and all i got was..I dunno.....:mad:
    And its not like you can call them to complain, as they dont have a direct phone number, only an automated line!
    AArrgghhh!!!!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Bummer as I was planning to go see this during the week (but only cos it was in 3D).
    I wonder was it this showing only...
    Does anyone know if it's the same in Storm??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Storm arent going to be showing it apparently :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Afaik the cinema requires some type of 3D projector

and sure we'd never have that in poor old Limerick like :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cork and lisburn have 3d projectors AFAIK, nowhere else.

• Advertisement

Zurpoh, are you telling me no cinema in Dublin is showing in on 3D, only Cork and Lisburn :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My GF will be seeing this in 3-D in Cork, I never even expected Limerick to get it tbh.

well, omniplex lisburn and cork are the only 3d omniplex....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good to know... Saved me a journey.

I'm more annoyed that Slumdog Millionaire didn't make it over to Storm - I'm not a big fan of the Omniplex.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed that Slumdog Millionaire didn't make it over to Storm.
    :eek: thats weird!! Wonder why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Considering it won a bunch of Golden Globes last week (and will probably win an oscar or two), its very surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

If only u could get a copy somewhere else................hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Liam79 wrote: »
    Zurpoh, are you telling me no cinema in Dublin is showing in on 3D, only Cork and Lisburn :eek:
    Excuse my ignorance but having never heard of lisburn I had to google the place to find out it was in Northern Ireland, so we only have 1 3D projector in the country, doesn't bother me too much but a bit of a disgrace on the omniplex in Limerick for false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Haha. My missus went to see this on Friday night last. She got there 10 mins ahead of scheduled start but was told it was sold out. She was sickened at the time but will be delighted when she hears this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

1huge1 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but having never heard of lisburn I had to google the place to find out it was in Northern Ireland, so we only have 1 3D projector in the country, doesn't bother me too much but a bit of a disgrace on the omniplex in Limerick for false advertising.

How is it false advertising? the title of the movie is My Bloody Valentine 3D , and 3D projectors are massively expensive, plus until they start makin decent movies in 3D (roll on Avatar) its not worth it, a crap movie is a crap movie, 3d or not

i can just imagine the confused scobes coming out of the omniplex "maan that was pure savage!" "Man, the 3d was broke or somethin" "Nah sham, didnt it seem like it was comin outa da screeeeen like?!?" "nah sham, ur eyes are fcuked!" " mita been the ganja before alright!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The cinema showing in 3D in Cork is booked out for most days this week, from what I've been told at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

Liam79 wrote: »
    Storm arent going to be showing it apparently :confused:

Storm have been getting very little good films since been taken over by the Odeon cinema group.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never been to Storm :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

storm is a nice cinema

I think dundrum can show 3d films

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

TBH lads, It looks like one of the worst films ever anyway. looks crap.
    I am very surprised Slumdog millionaire never made it to storm. But Storm is a pretty useless cinema. they don't show that many films only blockbuster. and then on numerous occasions I've had to complain and tell the front desk that the film was playing bu half the picture was missing. I prefer the omniplex but its miles away from me.

Its got nothing to do with the odeon group. its the management that decides. Odeon are a very good company. they have their own cinemas in France and they show absolutely everything. watched a brilliant documentary about the lake victoria Perch fish that were in south africa. something that is impossible to find in a video store never mind a cinema in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

there are 7 in ireland, saw it in 3d in dublin on monday - good film actually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ah - The Limerick Omniplex where else would you have a pink milkshake stain on a Cinema screen for 1.5 years without anyone ever attempting to clean or replace it?

Raiser wrote: »
    Ah - The Limerick Omniplex where else would you have a pink milkshake stain on a Cinema screen for 1.5 years without anyone ever attempting to clean or replace it?

The Savoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

token56 wrote: »
    Storm have been getting very little good films since been taken over by the Odeon cinema group.
    Ya its really annoying, wanted to go there last night to see slumdog millionaire but they didn't have it. Found that crazy considering how big of a movie that is at the moment.

So went to the omniplex and despite being 20mins early on a wednesday night it was sold out...
    Seen the wrestler instead which turned out to be very good in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

An File wrote: »

Oi, oi!

Leave the Savoy alone. :p

slumdog is now showing in storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

An File wrote: »
    Indeed. How long was that big lump of dirt on the main screen after all?

Advertisement