Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checkpoint CCSE anyone?

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

So I've been keeping up a steady pace of the last few weeks with MCSA Security and now I'm working towards MCSE while preping for CCNA and CCNA Security.

I'm very interested in checkpoint though - even though I don't know much about it. At the very least I would like to set up a home lab (something along the lines of that required for the CCSE) to get a little hands on with it.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate way of doing so?
    Is there evaluation/trial software that I can download?

I know very little about checkpoint so any guidance is really appreciated!

Thanks,

iRock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

you can get an evaluation but I think it's only 15 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I think it is only 15 days for the evaluation software, and it writes into the registry so you can't simply uninstall and reinstall the software.

I would imagine if you just run vmware and install it ontop of windows, or its own os (splat, I think) taking a snapshot of the OS before you start the install you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Thanks for the replies guys!
    harney wrote: »
    I think it is only 15 days for the evaluation software, and it writes into the registry so you can't simply uninstall and reinstall the software.

I would imagine if you just run vmware and install it ontop of windows, or its own os (splat, I think) taking a snapshot of the OS before you start the install you should be fine.

Sounds good to me... I think thats probably the best option.

From what I hear its not really that hard... but I'll figure that out myself soon enough I guess. The main problem I am having is distinguishing between NGX R60, R65 etc...

Its all pretty new to me but if someone could outline this I'd appreciate it.

Also does anyone have the official courseware for this? I'd be willing to pay good $$$ (or even photocopy/loan it?

Thanks,

iRock

No more feedback on this?

I got my hands on the software.. but I need the Trial License?
    When I try to setup/install the VPN1 I get asked for a license key....anyone able to point me in the right direction to sign up for one?

Might try contacting Checkpoint sales.

Its Checkpoint NGX R65 I have installed in VMware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ocallaghanpaddy

Hi irock, I work for Checkpoint distribution. Drop me a PM and I can assist.

• Advertisement

Hi irock, I work for Checkpoint distribution. Drop me a PM and I can assist.

Thanks!

PM Sent

Advertisement