Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC want to charge me a late fee for their mistake

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

Just got a notice in the post saying they cannot activate a DD payment for my broadband account, and so they've now put a €8 late fee on it.

That is despite me very clearly giving my account details to the CSR over the phone when I ordered. There is nothing wrong with my account. She also, conveniently, put down the wrong address...but they rang me to correct that. I never heard anything about them not being able to get money from my account until this letter.

Im going to ring them now, can they charge me this fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I've had the exact same problem. They've now charged me a second €8. I've given them the correct bank details 6 times over the phone and twice using their DD form. I've been into the Bank to ask them about it and no attempt has been made to set up a DD by UPC.

I finally got fed up and sent them a letter. It was sent back to be with another DD form stapled to the back of it. :rolleyes:

I have no intention of paying the €16.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had a terrible time with them trying to set up the DD. I'm lucky in that I work in the branch my account is in so they couldn't fob me off by blaming the bank. I ended up threatening to report them to the consumer affairs crowd and *magically* the DD was set up and I was refunded the €32 in late fees they had charged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Should of reported them to IPSO, oh yes the magical organisation that admins the DD system that never goes wrong or is abused by companies :rolleyes:

Advertisement