Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE W980i ~ battery life!

• 19-01-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Anyone else got one of these? I've done a search but there is nothing about the battery life in the posts.

I bought one about 2 weeks ago and love it. Initially I let the battery run out and fully charged it. Then spent forever putting music, pics, etc onto the phone.

It's had a good bit of use over that time but the last 4 days or so I've not really used it for anything at all...and have had to charge it twice in that time :confused:

According to the spec it should have a 12 day standby time :mad:!

I have not got Bluetooth switched on so it's not that.

Anyone any experience with these or any idea's as to why the battery runs out so quickly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    Is 3g on? I know this wastes a load of battery. If you're not using it turn it off. But I can honestly say two days out of a charge seems about right for most phones these days. The time they give you for the phone lasting is in ideal conditions. Usually the phone not bein used for anything. There are a lot Factors that change the battery life. Calls, texts, bluetooth, radio, media player, 3g and how good your signal is. If the signal is bad your phone uses more power tryin to pick up one.

Thanks -phuger- I'll have a nose later. I have just replaced a Samsung which even at 18 months old held it's power for about 4 days and I also have a Viewty which only needs charging approx every 4-5 days so this is just a bit annoying.

If I use the phone through the day as 'normal' usage I need to charge it every night which is just frustrating cos I have to make sure I have a charger with me at all times not always being home over-night...

Advertisement