Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet in Inverin..and social info!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

big b wrote: »
    Whhhooooaaahhh there.......
    some people dislike you? :eek: Actually, if it's some of the pondlife who hang around the pool table, I'd be inclined to take that as a compliment!.

Someone I know drove past it last summer and counted 3 BJs separately in progress along the west wall and clearly visible from the road as he drove east . He reckoned they were all about 15 . He nearly crashed the car at the sight .

It is utterly amazing the the plod never took an interest in it . People regularly come from as far away as Moycullen and Barna and Rosmuc to experience its unique charm and ambience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

well, the graphic reports of the Poitin's al fresco entertainments seem to have scared off poor Leebee.....possibly all the way back to Knoydart! :(

Just to say - for all the negative things about the Pot & the crowd it sometimes attracts, Inverin is still a nice peaceful place to live, there are better pubs & from a personal point of view, the mates I've met here are amongst the soundest guys I've met anywhere.

Wasn't working yesterday so took mine & my neighbours dogs down to Tra Mor for a runabout. Had the place to ourselves, tide out, beautiful day, reminded me of the benefits of living here.

It's not all dodgy dress sense & alcopops!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭leebee77

dinnae u worry big b i have not scurried away anywhere! I just have limited access to net. I have been spending a good bit of time at brothers in town as getting a bit agrophobic at home and its BALTIC.
    but yeah when sun is shining and i have the time it is fab to go down the beach exploring...found treasure and bullet cases.

found broadband provider..went with BT. Dunno if this a good idea or not and have no friends that use them but I get calls to u.k included in package with broadband so thats all good.
    Im getting seriously bit freaked out about this move to inverin. Not cause it is rural, as it is a metropolis in comparison to some parts of scotland, but the house is too big and cold and it just doesnt seem to be much of a community. Everyone is saying that it will be fab in summer and im sure it will be pretty and all but im wondering if I shouldnt just pack up and move to Kerry!!..they have like proper mountains and trees. aparently they also short on women!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Glad you got your broadband sorted, but the rest...........:(

OK, if I was recommending somewhere for a young lass to move to, it probably wouldn't be Inverin.
    I was lucky to make some pals as soon as I got here, but I'd say it's true in general that people won't go out their way to meet you, unless you're doing all the running. The "tiger" passed a lot of people by out this way (but certainly not all of them) and I think people are very reluctant to give away much about themselves to newcomers. For one thing, you might be better off & look down at them, for another - especially regarding renters- you might not stick around long enough to make it worth the effort! And of course....they don't know who you know!

For all that, I honestly believe that if you Do make the effort, you'll make some really sound friends out here. I think the quality of life is good & when the weathers kind, it's just brilliant here.
    But you do kinda need to put yourself out there, the neighbours won't arrive with a welcome pack unannounced.

Maybe think about changing that big cold house for a chalet? There's loads of choice & some are really comfy & obviously cheaper to run.

Really hope you'll give it a bit longer. You don't really want to move to Kerry & be called boy, do ya? It could be worse, ya could be spending your Saturdays hanging about the maryburgh & dodgy addresses on Ross Place & Lochaber Road:p

Chin up, Leebee!

• Advertisement

haha! God I was last in the Scaryborough bout 10years ago and i had to leave because the locals didnt take well to being thrashed at pool by a wee lassie. As for Lochaber road...I used to live at the top of it in 1997 before I ran away to Jersey. Did you ever walk across the planny path and meet the flashing Planny Tranny?
    Im cheered up now so thanks Bigb!..Yeah the hoose is to big for me but ive signed a years lease and cannae afford to loose the deposit. Please dont get me wrong..its really bonny in Inverin but i guess when i want country I want trees, mountains and a local hub..yeah i so should go back home...cause i think thats what i crave..knoydart in the west coast of ireland.
    Thanks again for cheering up a blue me. Shame you cant help with my eejit boss who is one patronising comment away from getting the wrath of my highland temper!!
    Take it easy

Advertisement