Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming up North

• 19-01-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there

Am just wondering, am I imagining things or was there a change in how mobile operators charged you so that they were not permitted to charge you roaming rates while up north, or is it their own choice to do it?

For some reason I thought roaming rates had been abolished up north?!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

there are no roaming charges if your with 3, all the rest charge as far as i'm aware..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

They are all robbing b@st@rds so i'm not surprised they are charging althought i thought a couple of years ago they said that they werent gonna charge for making/recieving calls in the north :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nance

I'm with Meteor. I'll check with them, but I honestly thought all operators had gone non-roaming..
    and yes they are robbing ba$tards! To call 11811 for 30 seconds they charge you over a €...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

there are roaming charges on ever network except 3, there allways has been... I think your mixing it up with the cap the EU brought in, there is a cap on roaming chages but they still exist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

http://roaming.meteor.ie/plans/roaming/payg/nireland

on meteor it's 20c flat rate to irish and uk phones but 20c to send a text instead of 12. And it's free to receive calls

so it's actually cheaper to make a call in the north than here :D

edit:there is a 29c connection fee though

and of course you can use cabbage mobile to get texts for 2c up there
    |
    |
    |
    V

Advertisement