Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD politics survey...

Options
  • 19-01-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello.

I am a final year student of Psychology in TCD and I am working on a project on voter behaviour. I've a survey set up and I need as many people as possible to fill it out. I'd be really grateful if you could take a look at it below. It's completely anonymous and confidential and it should not take more than 10 minutes to complete.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=WAbn04tFAYcG_2fk4ZjMROCQ_3d_3d

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

noconne wrote: »
    Hello.

I am a final year student of Psychology in TCD and I am working on a project on voter behaviour.

The voting behaviour of the Irish electorate defies all analysis. See general election 2007 for further details.

My daddy voted Fianna Fail, my granddaddy voted Fianna Fail.......so I guess I too will vote Fianna Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Rebeller wrote: »
    The voting behaviour of the Irish electorate defies all analysis. See general election 2007 for further details.

My daddy voted Fianna Fail, my granddaddy voted Fianna Fail.......so I guess I too will vote Fianna Fail.

the above is all you need to know about voting habbits in this country , nothing to do with current issues , just who your bloodline voted for, some say its different with the young generation , i assure you , outside dublin , its still the exact same bar a few who vote for the shinners and a handfull who vote green

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Who needs research when we've gut feeling generalisations! :p

On the topic of methodology, why not ask a person's party or vote in the last election to see if there are differences between the different camps? That would in itself be interesting in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SirHenryGrattan

irish_bob wrote: »
    the above is all you need to know about voting habbits in this country , nothing to do with current issues , just who your bloodline voted for, some say its different with the young generation , i assure you , outside dublin , its still the exact same bar a few who vote for the shinners and a handfull who vote green

Have a look at voting patterns in Britain and check the last time seats changed hands, by what percentage and which region. I think you will find that floating voters are a rare breed who live in a very small number of constituencies.

Barack Obama got 52.9 %of the popular vote in the US Presidential Election. That was the sixth biggest margin ever. So most Americans don't like changing their voting patterns either.

Get my drift?

Advertisement