Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United (0) v (1) Derby County(Carling Cup -SF, 2nd Leg)Match Thread Tue 8pm SkyS1

• 19-01-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd Start this.... Roll on Wembley

manchester_united_crest.gif(0) v (1) 120px-Derby_county_badge.png
    Old Trafford
    Tuesday, January 20th 8.00pm
    Sky Sports 1

ApprovedCarlingCupLogo-Key_000.jpg

Apparantly Tosic could make a debut in this match

My predicted team:

KUSCZACK

RAFAEL--EVANS---VIDIC---O'SHEA

NANI--SCHOLES--ANDERSON--TOSIC

----WELBECK
    TEVEZ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Expect SAF to stick with the young'uns.

PIG
    Raf---Vida---Evans--JOS
    Ron--Gibs---Ando---Nani
    ----Welbeck--Tevez

Something similar to this.

I'd still expect a team like that to win reasonably comfortably though

EDIT: I'll say 3-1 United; Welbeck (2), Nani; Commons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭shakespeare

parks been missing...
    no one seems to think he'll be back in...

heres my take on it....

PIG

Raf
    Neville
    Evans
    Oshea

Park
    Gibson
    Fletcher
    Nani

Wellbeck
    Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Apparantly Tosic could make a debut in this match

I cant see him starting and may still be a bit early he hasn't played in quite a while and fergie if he does play him will most likely start him on the bench and then depending how things are give him a late run to acclimatise to old trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

My two cents

Kusczheck

JOS
    Vid
    Evans
    Raf

Nani
    Fletch
    And
    Gibson

Tev
    Well

Maybe push Gibson central and throw on Park (Dropping Anderson). Hopefully Nani for Tosic around 60 mins, depending on how the game is going.
    Haven't been impressed with Nani lately, he could do with bulking up a bit.
    I think Anderson needs a good run in the team but I don't think that'll happen this season. Great potential I think though. Nani's last season??

We really have such a monster squad. Which is good, because the games are piling in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tomo K
    Raf----Vidic
    Evans---- Josh
    Park--Gibson ---Anderson---Nani
    Welbeck--Tevez

Whats the story with Fabio? Chance of making the bench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

Gotta say I'd rather give Fabio a chance than play JOS. He really is shocking, makes way more mistakes than any other player on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I would like to see Fabio given a chance but I know that if SAF thinks he isn't ready he isn't ready

United From....

Kuszczak, Foster, Amos, Rafael, Neville, Vidic, Evans, Chester, O'Shea, Fabio, Ronaldo, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Possebon, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Tosic, Tevez, Welbeck, Macheda.

Macheda been called into the first team and same player getting an honourable mention from Fergie in a recent interview.

been watching him closely for the reserves. big kid, although no bigger then welbeck in physique. great touch, good finisher and seems to want to mix it up a bit(unlike your typical Itlians).
    Im really happy to see the youth system pushing players through again...was a serious drought for a while but with Evans, Welbeck, Gibson and even Simpson establishing themselves to varying degrees...and players like Norwood, Macheda(bought in i know), Morrison, Campbell and numerous other Championship/premiership standard players...it looks like the youth system on the up...(as much as i love the look of raf/fab, Possebon, Anderson etc. its nice to see players coming through who have been with us from 14 upward etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

So we definitely will see Tosic at some stage tonight, according to Phelan. Good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Kuszczak, Foster, Amos, Rafael, Neville, Vidic, Evans, Chester, O'Shea, Fabio, Ronaldo, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Possebon, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Tosic, Tevez, Welbeck, Macheda.

My pick, however I don't think this will be it.

Foster
    -Rafael--Evans--Vidic-O'Shea--
    Gibson--Possebon
    --Nani
    Tevez
    Anderson
    Welbeck

I know Fergie said he will be sticking with the kids for this game. However I woudn't be surprised to see some of the older/bigger players come in for this game and then sit out the FA Cup.

Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher -> one out of that three could very well start. Probably Gibson to drop to the bench after playing the 90 last time with Possebon being given a chance.

Giggs, Park -> One of these could very well start.

Tosic will make a sub appearance at most IMO. But I hope we do get to see him.

Would love to see Fabio as well, he could be introduced depending on how the game pans out.

doubt Macheda will make the game.

• Advertisement

doubt macheda will either...
    hope to see tosic...

more importantly, hope to see improvement in Tevez, nani, anderson if they are involved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Thanks for the squad shakespeare. <-- (A sentence I never thought I'd say)

nice to see Macheda in.. hope he gets a run if were winning 3/4-0 ... can't wait to see Tosic

Anyway i really think we can go for the quadruple this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

SlyRax wrote: »
    Gotta say I'd rather give Fabio a chance than play JOS. He really is shocking, makes way more mistakes than any other player on the pitch.

over 300 appearances and you think he really is shocking. hardly a superstar but is giving a good account of himself this season, he's been involved a lot in an excellent season defence wise.

Someone who is shocking IMO is kusczak. people say he is a good shot stopper. HE IS A PROFFESIONAL GOALKEEPER FFS OF COURSE HE'S A GOOD SHOTSTOPPER. the rest of his game is below par in my opinion. i'd love to see foster between the sticks tonight.

Thanks for the squad shakespeare. <-- (A sentence I never thought I'd say)

nice to see Macheda in.. hope he gets a run if were winning 3/4-0 ... can't wait to see Tosic

Anyway i really think we can go for the quadruple this year.

I think you are being a bit optimistic with the score line there. This will be a tough match if we play a weakened side. Derby will be fighting like mad to keep there lead.
    over 300 appearances and you think he really is shocking. hardly a superstar but is giving a good account of himself this season, he's been involved a lot in an excellent season defence wise.

Someone who is shocking IMO is kusczak. people say he is a good shot stopper. HE IS A PROFFESIONAL GOALKEEPER FFS OF COURSE HE'S A GOOD SHOTSTOPPER. the rest of his game is below par in my opinion. i'd love to see foster between the sticks tonight.

JOS = shocking = stupid post.

The guy does a solid job for us 90% of the time he is on the pitch (except in center mid). He is solid enough defensively, and has cut a lot of mistakes out of his game. Alright he doesn't offer a lot going forward, but he is a perfect player for your squad.

EDIT: I think Foster will play tonight. They have been rotating that second spot around so I imagine they both get a leg in the semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think you are being a bit optimistic with the score line there. This will be a tough match if we play a weakened side. Derby will be fighting like mad to keep there lead.

JOS = shocking = stupid post.

The guy does a solid job for us 90% of the time he is on the pitch (except in center mid). He is solid enough defensively, and has cut a lot of mistakes out of his game. Alright he doesn't offer a lot going forward, but he is a perfect player for your squad.

EDIT: I think Foster will play tonight. They have been rotating that second spot around so I imagine they both get a leg in the semi final.

Even in centre mid he does a good job, if our full backs are bombing forward as they do. He isn't great at getting or distributing the ball, but he is fantastic at filling the defensive gaps and thus allowing other players more freedom.

Even in centre mid he does a good job, if our full backs are bombing forward as they do. He isn't great at getting or distributing the ball, but he is fantastic at filling the defensive gaps and thus allowing other players more freedom.

I still hate seeing him in there. Thankfully it hasn't happened for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I still hate seeing him in there. Thankfully it hasn't happened for a long time.

Well yeah, don't like seeing him there, but for certain occasions and tactics, he can work well there, when all we want is someone to stand in front of the back 4 and fill in gaps. Any other player in CM is expected to contribute more to the side overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hopefully we'll Tosic and fabio tonight

O'Shea is a great player but he doesn't bring the attacking mentality that Evra does

but O'Shea is a great servant to the club

hopefully we'll Tosic and fabio tonight

O'Shea is a great player but he doesn't bring the attacking mentality that Evra does

but O'Shea is a great servant to the club

Unless we are very comfortable I can't see Fabio and Tosic being on the pitch together tonight. Two players with zero english experience playing on the same flank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I hope both make an appearance. All depends on how the match is going obviously but all the same I would like to see them. I think we should actually win the match tonight and force extra-time at the minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

redout wrote: »
    I hope both make an appearance. All depends on how the match is going obviously but all the same I would like to see them. I think we should actually win the match tonight and force extra-time at the minimum.

Am i right in thinking away goals don't count till after extra time in this cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Am i right in thinking away goals don't count till after extra time in this cup?

yeah that is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Any sign of the line up yet no??

Looking forward to this game now.

Hopefully get to see fabio and toisc :D

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

UTD TEAM

FOSTER

RAFAEL
    NEVILLE
    EVANS
    O SHEA

GIGGS
    ANDERSON
    GIBSON

NANI
    WELBECK
    TEVEZ

TOSIC on the bench

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    UTD TEAM

FOSTER

RAFAEL
    NEVILLE
    EVANS
    O SHEA

GIGGS
    ANDERSON
    GIBSON

NANI
    WELBECK
    TEVEZ
    good old rockman always first with the team :)

whose on the subs?

Who is on the bench, any Fabio or Tosic ?

EDIT : Tosic is on the bench, not sure about Fabio.

Jesus lads the bookies have us at 1/6 and Derby at 14/1 !!!!!

They musy know something we dont.

Thanks Rockman, always first with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Anyone got a stream for the game? Stuck in work. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Is this on anywhere bar sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Cant really complain, nice mix of youth and experience :D

Anyone got a stream for the game? Stuck in work. Thanks in advance.

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/

Channel 1

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

redout wrote: »

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

sorry (f**King kids ,who have them , think they be able to feed themselves by now!!! she nearly 3 ):D
    Any way

BENCH

KUSZCZAK ,FLETCHER , RONALDO , SCHOLES , POSSEBON , TOSIC ,CHESTER

Bit of ammunition if needed on the bench as well as new kid Toisc. Good to see, im happy(ish) anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    UTD TEAM

FOSTER

RAFAEL
    NEVILLE
    EVANS
    O SHEA

GIGGS
    ANDERSON
    GIBSON

NANI
    WELBECK
    TEVEZ

TOSIC on the bench
    Nice team other than Im not mad on having Gibson on the right wing. Glad to see Foster getting a start aswell.

• Advertisement

15th Anniversary of Sir Matt Busbys death today. Moments silence lads. The man was a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Tosic on the bench, I hope he gets a run out, dying to see the lad :)

Would be nice if he had a Ronaldoesque cameo style debut :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Their showing an old game of everton vs united on channel 1.
    Its weird to see Rooney in the everton jersey.

Not too sure about the team.

Evans and Neville at the center worry me.

If Gibson is on the right its bad, if he is in the center I would have preferred Possebon.

Think they will line up like this

Rafeal----Neville---Evans---O'Shea
    Gibson--Anderson
    -Wellbeck
    Giggs
    Nani
    Tevez

Think that looks better than a 4-4-2 unless Giggs is going on the wing for 45.

Nani---Gibson--Anderson--Giigs
    Wellbeck--Tevez

I just don't like Gibson on the wing. Anyway will find out soon enough.

Come on United!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Dissapointed to see Gibson starting instead of Possebon but other than that happy enough.
    Tosic to see last 20 minutes or so?

• Advertisement

Smegball wrote: »
    Dissapointed to see Gibson starting instead of Possebon but other than that happy enough.
    Tosic to see last 20 minutes or so?

ya im also disappointed not to see possebon playing

and it depends how the game is going id say for tosic to get an outting

i dont like seeing neville in the centre

Jeez, Commons with nearly another belter :O, sloppy stuff from Gibson.

Raf looks like he's really up for the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That was some strike by Commons. For a moment I thought it was in.

Happy to see Derby open up and come at us. Should make for a good game at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Really want the midfield to step up and take control - particularly Anderson..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know any online radio stations I can pick this up on? connection isn't good enough for any video streams

Some good counter attacking football from Derby, we aren't playing fluidly enough as of yet, need that first goal to calm some of the nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Seems a bit of a risk that our only defensive cover is a guy who's never made a first-team appearance. If any of our defenders have to come off, Ferguson has no other option but to use Chester (arguably could put Gibson in the centre of defence, but not really an improvement)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

NANIIIIIIIIIII

• Advertisement
Advertisement