Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United (0) v (1) Derby County(Carling Cup -SF, 2nd Leg)Match Thread Tue 8pm SkyS1

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

if we want to win everything will just have to do it the hard way

We don't know any other way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

ffs

I say somthing good about him for once and this happens, yet another injury

also congrates keane2097 on 1000th post
    hope to see more

Was only joking dude, no harm meant. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

at least Brown is coming back and Neville is returning to his old self

utd have the biggest squad in the league so hopefully everything will be grand

O'shea can play any position tbh

its going to be hard choice to pick a team for the spurs match

im just really worried about Anderson, hopefully he's ok

anderson-son son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

at least Brown is coming back and Neville is returning to his old self

utd have the biggest squad in the league so hopefully everything will be grand

O'shea can play any position tbh

its going to be hard choice to pick a team for the spurs match

im just really worried about Anderson, hopefully he's ok

anderson-son son

Yeah everything will be ok in a few weeks I would say (defense wise) but putting something together for the FA Cup game, and the league game against West Brom.

Best case is

Neville--Rio--Vidic--O'Shea which is fine if Neville can manage the workload i.e the number of games.

worst case

Neville-???--Vidic---O'Shea

Options are the lad that came on tonight, or Fletcher at right back.

Hopefully at leat one of Evans and Rafael are ok by the weekend.

Anderson look real bad though. I missed what caused it, but it certainly looked ominous.

Nani well who knows. Looked like a strain. We can live with out him for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Anderson and Nani had their best games of the season. Played with a lot of energy and penetration. Least it's a step in the right direction for them both..Hopefully Andersons injury is not as serious as it looked..

Raf has hamstring so around 3 weeks he's out (basing it on Rooney)
    anderson looks to be in big trouble ffs:(:(
    Evans ankle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fergie just said in his post match interview that he'll be sticking with the youngsters for the final, good to hear.

iv a bad feeling it could be Knee ligaments with Anderson

but the challenge was nothing

the derby player fell over and Andersons leg was slightly under the derby player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

D.S. wrote: »
    Anderson and Nani had their best games of the season. Played with a lot of energy and penetration. Least it's a step in the right direction for them both..Hopefully Andersons injury is not as serious as it looked..

Nani definitely had one of his best games. I hope he can do the same in the premiership now. Anderson however, I felt over hit a lot of through balls. He did track back well though and I've said it before I really feel he is best as a defensive midfielder who can burst forward occasionally on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fergie didnt look too happy in the post match interview. I`m fearing the worst for Anderson tbh, but hopefully its just some minor ligamet damage.

3 weeks maybe for Rafael so not too bad. To be honest I not concerned about Nani at all, the least of our worries by far.

Evans is the one we really need to keep fit, especially with Rio`s back. I presume and hope he wont play in the FA cup at the weekend,fit or not, to make sure he has had time to rest his ankle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads lets not get carried away with Nani and Andersons performances. The same people on here said similar things after the southampton fa cup game. These two especially Nani need to perform in the league to be fair and not the bloody bottom teams of the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So

Rooney, Evra, Hargreaves, Brown, Anderson, Rafael, Rio and Evans all out for the next game I presume.

Some squad in fairness. CB is now a problem, looks like Fletch could be RB for the next league game

Trilla wrote: »
    So

Rooney, Evra, Hargreaves, Brown, Anderson, Rafael, Rio and Evans all out for the next game I presume.

Some squad in fairness. CB is now a problem, looks like Fletch could be RB for the next league game

and add Giggs and Neville to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

and add Giggs and Neville to that

were Giggs and Neville injured?

were Giggs and Neville injured?

fergie said on MUTV that they both picked knocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Picking up knocks isnt really being injured, as in "out injured".

I'd wait until Friday press conference before we get concerned about the injuries. We will find out then which ones are serious or not.

We might hear about Anderson earlier if it is extra serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So

Wes Brown could be back. Prior to the Wigan game Fergie said he expected him to be back in two weeks "at the most" so I'd say he's in with a shout.

redout wrote: »
    Lads lets not get carried away with Nani and Andersons performances. The same people on here said similar things after the southampton fa cup game. These two especially Nani need to perform in the league to be fair and not the bloody bottom teams of the championship.

Agreed. Don't think anyone is getting carried away. By saying the two lads had their best of the season isn't saying a whole lot. It's Derby in the Carling Cup. And the performances were their best, but not necessarily fantastic.

My mantra all season on these two has been the same. They are way off their performances last season but have the ability to make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Nani >= God

IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So

TBH, i'm not too worried about who we put out at the weekend, my main focus is on who we can put out against West Brom midweek. We need to hope either Evans or Rio are fit for it, along with Brown really. Not to worried about Anderson or Nani missing it, as neither have really featured lately. If Anderson is out long term though, I'm thinking Fergie should look at getting someone in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned the performance of Welbeck. Fantastic forwards performance, ran the channels and the corners really well, held up the play, and got 2 great assists. I thought he was the MOM personally because of those two excellent passes.

Nani did well, he's young, he'll be up and down. Still got another year and a half to prove himself imo.

I can't really see what Foster did wrong in the game, I don't think he could have gotten to either of the goals, I don't think anyone could have really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

PHB wrote: »
    I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned the performance of Welbeck. Fantastic forwards performance, ran the channels and the corners really well, held up the play, and got 2 great assists. I thought he was the MOM personally because of those two excellent passes.

Nani did well, he's young, he'll be up and down. Still got another year and a half to prove himself imo.

I can't really see what Foster did wrong in the game, I don't think he could have gotten to either of the goals, I don't think anyone could have really.
    yeah it was a great peno and a better free kick(but the wall could have stopped it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    yeah it was a great peno and a better free kick(but the wall could have stopped it)

i agree, the ball was under an inch over evans head, i mini leap and he would have blocked it! not taking anything away from the free kick thi, it was a sweet strike!

i agree, the ball was under an inch over evans head, i mini leap and he would have blocked it! not taking anything away from the free kick thi, it was a sweet strike!

Evans could barely move, I wouldn't blame him either. The guy soldiered on even though he was clearly in discomfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Evans could barely move, I wouldn't blame him either. The guy soldiered on even though he was clearly in discomfort.

yeah you're right, and i have a great deal of respect for him and his commitment for the team, greta player and he was runnin towards the end so hopefully its not as bad as first looked! point i was just tryin to make was that realistically the wall should have stopped the shot!

yeah you're right, and i have a great deal of respect for him and his commitment for the team, greta player and he was runnin towards the end so hopefully its not as bad as first looked! point i was just tryin to make was that realistically the wall should have stopped the shot!

Some times adrenalin and what not can make you push through and keep going even though you shouldn't. I know this from playing 5 a side once when both my ankles got messed up, couldn't move for 5 minutes, then it seemed to run off so I felt fine, kept playing drove home and sat down. After 15 minutes sitting down I couldn't stand up. Literally has to be carried to bed and couldn't attempt to move till the next day.

Last night reminded me of what happened to me, he seemed real bad then he started moving about although not with much confidence or pace. I can nearly guarantee that it was hurting like hell last night and possibly this morning.

I say he will be back by Saturday or Tuesday.

Gonna wait till Fridays press conference before I worry about the injuries. Come Friday we could be told Rio, Brown, and Evans are all fit. So we could be grand, off course we could be struggling as well.

I never really blame a keeper for not stopping a shot that goes over the wall (unless its a fumble), only when it goes in on the side they areprotecting do I blame them.

Brazilian midfielder Anderson is facing an anxious wait for the result of X-rays on a suspected broken left ankle after being carried off during Manchester United's League Cup 4-2 semi-final victory over Derby County.

Goals from Nani, John O'Shea, Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo secured a 4-3 aggregate victory for United at Old Trafford as it booked its seventh League Cup final appearance at Wembley on March 1.

But the win was marred by several injuries, the most serious concerning Anderson, Rafael (hamstring) and Jonny Evans (ankle).

And with the likes of Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra already sidelined, the cost of this victory was a high one for the English, European and world champion.

"We were playing with nine men at the end, we were just limping around, but we got through," United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said.

"Anderson will have to go for an X-ray. There is some damage, so we'll see what happens.

"It's been a bad night for us that way, but we're in the final, so we should celebrate that, even though we had six or seven injured.

"The serious one is Anderson. Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville and Nani all picked up injuries.

"Jonny Evans has got a recurrence of the ankle injury that has bothered him for a few weeks now, but hopefully he'll be OK in a week's time, and Rafael has a hamstring injury and will be out for a few weeks."

Ferguson, trying to remain upbeat, said the largely youthful side that got United to Wembley would be given a chance of glory.

"Finals are always hard to get to, though, and the young lads have done fantastic to get there, so they will play at Wembley, there is no question about that. They deserve it.

"Wembley is a special place and our record is terrific in finals. It's a great occasion going there, but you always want to win it."

Derby's late rally gave United a scare and another goal from Nigel Clough's men would have levelled the aggregate scores.

Clough, who took charge at Pride Park earlier this month, said his second-tier Championship struggler had run United agonisingly close.

"If we had scored a bit earlier, then we might have been able to give our supporters something to shout about. And if we had scored a second goal at Derby, then it could've been a different story.

"It was nice to see Giles Barnes get a couple of goals, though, because he has been out for a long time, so those will do him the world of good.

"United are the best side in the world, though, and they can beat anyone by five or six on their day, so we have to take the positives from the game."

if it is a broken ankle is that Anderson done for the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Some Photos from last night's game -

3214991875_ec77771ff2.jpg?v=0

3215842064_74c7fd99b9.jpg?v=0

3214991069_a9310c9677.jpg?v=0

3215841446_2d69c5abd1.jpg?v=0

3215840808_82fb02d58d.jpg?v=0

3214989909_c07d06821f.jpg?v=0

3214989567_299b867ec5.jpg?v=0

3214989163_a2ea55e3e5.jpg?v=0

3215839038_210377edd1.jpg?v=0

3214987963_2d9aa8559c.jpg?v=0

if it is a broken ankle is that Anderson done for the season?

Dunno where you got that quote from but by looking at it it looks they just put ankle + scan = broken ankle. Without any new information.

I have no idea how long a broken ankle would take to heal.

• Advertisement

1-2 months to heal. 3-4 months from injury to get back playing depending on rehab etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Dunno where you got that quote from but by looking at it it looks they just put ankle + scan = broken ankle. Without any new information.

Nowhere near as long as knee ligaments do which is what I feared the problem was.

So that sounds like relatively good news, considering

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Trizo wrote: »
    Some Photos from last night's game -

And people give out about Liverpool fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is getting ridiculous, three seperate Man U. threads that could all be in one at this stage. Some guy about going to a match, talking about injuries here and then the actual United team talk, gossip etc. thread. Help mods please.

Melion wrote: »
    And people give out about Liverpool fans :D

And rightly so :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Can never understand how anyone takes pictures when they are at a match.

Cant understand how people dont , 5 of the 10 are when the game is not in play didnt miss any goals(6 of them) and its nice to have some pictures from a game that you attended. I think the people who view the game through a lens for 90 min are crazy(obviously not the pro photogtapers) esp travelling all the way to a game abroad but taking a few snaps is perfectly good.Plenty of flashes at every game/ground around the world so i dont think im in the minority and i would certainly never ever ever leave early ;) anyway just my take on it ,each to their own...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Me neither. Have a look at the photo half way through this

http://everton.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=12998_4826093&id=33

Advertisement