Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you change the default web browser on s60 phones?

• 19-01-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to change the default browser on the Nokia S60 phones?

I've installed Opera Mini onto my e71 but every time I click on a link in the Gmail app it opens the web page in the awful browser that came pre-installed on the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Not that I know of.
    You can on WinMo, but that, as they say, is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

silvine wrote: »
    Is there anyway to change the default browser on the Nokia S60 phones?

I've installed Opera Mini onto my e71 but every time I click on a link in the Gmail app it opens the web page in the awful browser that came pre-installed on the phone.

You can't change the default browser at all afaik. But you can just put Opera Mini (and SkyFire if you're so inclined) as shortcuts on the standby screen to open them quickly and easily.

But to be honest I rarely have any issues with the default browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

You can't change the default browser at all afaik. But you can just put Opera Mini (and SkyFire if you're so inclined) as shortcuts on the standby screen to open them quickly and easily.

But to be honest I rarely have any issues with the default browser.

You can, I believe, make opera mobile 8.65 your default browser, but you have to say so during install, and in my experience it doesn't handle all email attachments correctly! And: it's not free - which is outrageous while 9.5 is free as a wm and uiq app!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Opera Mobile seems to take over as the default browser as strecker said .. so there must be a way. Would be interested in a way myself .. although I guess it would need to be a native symbian application rather than a java one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RicardoBrusd

According to Nokia it's not possible to change the default web browser in the S60 3rd Edition

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/KIS000454_-_Changing_default_browser_on_S60_3rd_Edition_not_possible

I wold be interested in a workaround, but it's unlikely it will happen...

• Advertisement
Advertisement