Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite FM Cable/Terrestrial/ Radio Station

• 19-01-2009 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

So what's your favourite FM/Cable Radio station available here in Ireland and Why?

My favourite Cable/FM Radio Station is BBC 'Five Live' because it caters for most of my needs which include News/ Sport/ Current affairs/ & Documentary needs, with BBC Radio 2 coming a close second (for music), needless to say its not a straight forward question in the firstplace, but given a weekend pottering around the house, the Radio just always seems to end up on 'Five Live', admittedly I also listen to a lot of BBC Radio 2 & Radio Four + the odd bit of Newstalk :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

MetalHertz FM 99.9MHz here in Waterford city, gloriously serving the hard rock community without all of the commercial BS! Gotta love those guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis horses for courses, footie and chat about same = fivelive, current affaris = rte radio 1/bbc radio 4, music = Zenith Classic Rock! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

Metalhertz FM because they done bore me to death with the same repeated pop tunes 3 times every hour. i love thier saturday and sunday day time shows.. nice bit of old rock and roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Definately Metalhertz.Fm...just love the fact they'll play tom waits to leftover crack if you ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Definately Metalhertz.Fm...just love the fact they'll play tom waits to leftover crack if you ask :)

I know who Tom Waits is (great voice), but who or what is Leftover crack?

P.S. How do I get Metalhertz FM?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

quick google of leftover crack on google brought up www.myspace.com/leftovercrackofficial
    and you can tune in if your local on 99.9 or if not, www.metalhertzfm.com for the live stream.. im heading away in a week, its a bit of a novelty listening in from diffrent countrys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Great to see this Metal-hertz-fm get so many votes here - considering 99% of people in Waterford are unaware of it's existence.

I've heard of it but never listened, will seek to change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

NewsTalk is mine

/waves to Denis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Mon-Fri when working during the day i have Today FM on in the car.. dempsey and foley and his crew in the morning/ afternoons... then im pretty much busy in work till evening when matt cooper takes me on my journey home.. and then later on when im out and about heading to the missus's gaff etc i catch Paul McLoone.. im getting to liking his shows and him as a jock.. he already made me laugh twice this week with little funny comments and his "smash and nicey" voice going into an ad break yesterday (or the day before) great radio.. he makes the show his own and its deffo not run of the mill.. he also has music you wont hear on other shows so its nice to hear original content...

then Weekends has to be (as has been mentioned already) Metal Hz FM nothing like letting the hair down (well not so much anymore) at the weekend and rocking out.. always a great bit of banter to listen to aswell :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Talksport most of the time, the rest of the time im split between NewsTalk and Radio 5 Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Absolute Classic Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

tolteq wrote: »
    NewsTalk is mine

You are welcome to keep it :)

Advertisement