Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to save money with the Dixons Group Store

• 19-01-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

My brother went into Currys in Liffey Valley (the big one next to PC World), to price a Compaq Laptop since PC World had none left, & to see what he could get instead of having a drive up to Newry with me next weekend (since I buy EVERYTHING I can up there saves me sooo much money).

The compaq laptop he wanted was approx 400 sterling in Newry (which presently is 440 euros), yet it is 550 euros down here. I told him to ask for a Store manager & see if he would match the price of the Newry store in Euros, & low & behold ..... they did.

The old excuses of 'no warrenty' no longer exist with European wide warrenties, it costs less than 16 euros in petrol return, & the sterling/euro rate is brilliant at the minute & it is less than an hours drive.

So, top tip: next time you need any electrical goods, bargain for the Sterling equivalent prices, especially if it is a UK store that operates in the republic & also up north.

This also extends btw to cheaper goods. I bought a pair of VANS trainers in The Outlet in banbridge for 44 euros. The same ones in Schuh in Liffey Valley were 90 euros. Even if I had driven up for them alone, I would have saved 30 euros, which would have been useful for spending elsewhere.

Advertisement