Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTU setting on perlico wireless modem

Options
  • 19-01-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I was wondering could anyone help me with this.

I just got perlico broadband into my house.. so i tried hooking up my xBox to the modem. the xbox gave an error message saying something like the MTU(maximim transmission unit) was too low and it has to be atleast 1364. As far as I know this is a setting on the modem so i logged into the modem but couldn't find where to edit the MTU rate.

the modem is a Zyxel prestige 600 modem.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or could you suggest a method of solving the problem??

Thanks very much for any help given

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

conmanxx wrote: »
    Hello,

I was wondering could anyone help me with this.

I just got perlico broadband into my house.. so i tried hooking up my xBox to the modem. the xbox gave an error message saying something like the MTU(maximim transmission unit) was too low and it has to be atleast 1364. As far as I know this is a setting on the modem so i logged into the modem but couldn't find where to edit the MTU rate.

the modem is a Zyxel prestige 600 modem.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or could you suggest a method of solving the problem??

Thanks very much for any help given

You should be able to find the handbook for the modem on the zyxel site. Afaik the optimum mtu for dsl is around 1492 and a lot of dsl modems seem to be set around 1500 so that may not be the problem.

Advertisement