Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Headphones with 2.5mm connection recommendtations

• 19-01-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 6124 with that horrible 2.5mm headphone connector. The default headphones sounds terrible and i was wondering have any users upgrades to a quality set, and if so can they recommend a make/model.

i see that Peats have the Panasonic RP-HJE201 EK 2.5mm Jack In Ear Headphones but for 49.99. I'd like to spend a little less in this credit crunching times ;-)

I tried the 2.5->2.5 adapter but it's a bit cumbersome for my needs.

Thanks in advance
    Flop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Apparently there's a good sennheiser set too, but I can't find a link right now so I've no idea what price they are.

To be honest the default nokia headphones I have on e71 work grand for my needs, podcasts, radio, mp3, mobitubia etc.

And the call quality is always really clear too. Bear in mind that a normal set of headphones won't have a mic so you'll have to use the phone mic for calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Apparently there's a good sennheiser set too, but I can't find a link right now so I've no idea what price they are.

To be honest the default nokia headphones I have on e71 work grand for my needs, podcasts, radio, mp3, mobitubia etc.

And the call quality is always really clear too. Bear in mind that a normal set of headphones won't have a mic so you'll have to use the phone mic for calls.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX300-2-5mm-Mobile-Earphones/dp/B000UE28CE

The Sennheiser headphone with 2.5mm plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

thanks for the replies folks, I should of added, i'll be using the headphones to listen to music, i just added an 8GB flash card to my phone.

So i'll be primarily listen to music rather than taking and receiving calls via the headset.

Cheers
    Flop

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Just got a pair of the sennheiser CX300 from mymemory.com for £20.They sound far superior than the bundled ones that came with my E71.You can accept a call while using them,you just have to use the built in microphone in the phone.Also got a 8GB micro SD Card for £11 which seems to me great value.
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Portable-Headphones/Sennheiser/Sennheiser-CX300-Ear-Canal-Headphones-with-2.5mm-Connector---Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

viv.ie wrote: »
    Just got a pair of the sennheiser CX300 from mymemory.com for £20.They sound far superior than the bundled ones that came with my E71.You can accept a call while using them,you just have to use the built in microphone in the phone.Also got a 8GB micro SD Card for £11 which seems to me great value.
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Portable-Headphones/Sennheiser/Sennheiser-CX300-Ear-Canal-Headphones-with-2.5mm-Connector---Black

Got the same sennheisers! Very good for the price! Decent for music.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got a set of skullcandy smokin' buds from the carphonewarehouse a few weeks ago....30euro cannot reccomend them enough!

the sound from them is amazing!

Advertisement