Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I stand? Sony Ericsson W595

• 19-01-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Sony Ericsson W595 from Meteor about 6 weeks ago. It cost €199 and I must say I am delighted with the phone and it has been working perfedctly. Yesterday I picked it up off the sofa only to find a black spot about the size of a smilie :( on the inside screen and a small hairline horizontal crack on the inside screen.

Now I'm not sure if i did this myself or whatever but surely this shouldn't happen to a 6 week old phone

What should I do. Should I bring it back to Meteor? If I do will they charge me for repair?

Any help much appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

its just bad luck, it can happen at anytime(6 weeks/6 months), and yes if theres a crack on the inside screen you'll be charged for a repair, in fact you'd be charged if it was either the screen or the plastic, anyhow you unfortunately have no comeback and MPRC will charge you €60 for the repair of the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

sounds like a pressure crack on the LCD, i see them everyday - phones being leaned on, left in pockets with coins/keys, any number of reasons really (and no it doesn't happen in your sleep when you leave the phone on the dresser - as i also hear everyday)

it can happen after 6 minutes never mind 6 weeks, in the vast majority of cases it's not a manufacturers fault so is not covered under warranty hence a chargeable repair unfortunately, you'll be looking at €50 - €80 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if it was on the sofa and someone sat on it, it doesn't really make any difference whether it was 6 weeks or 6 decades old, it was still damaged (as opposed to faulty) and that damage isn't covered by the warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Original-LCD-Screen-Display-for-Sony-Ericsson-W595_W0QQitemZ380097213045QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries?hash=item380097213045&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:2|39:1|240:1318

like 20 quid,
    i had a 5300 (red sliding phone) knew around 10 people with it at the time, all the screens broke, like 60 in a shop,
    got a similar screen to the one linked(i got one for my phone )
    went on youtube watched a video, step by step(around 4 steps to having phone ready for use)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

The black spot seems to be reducing slightly in size every day.. so i'll wait and see what happens

• Advertisement
Advertisement