Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkers New Flavours - anyone seen them?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Saw them in Tesco in Dundrum today, and they're selling the 6 packs 2 for the price of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

tried 4 of em

onion baji: ive tasted a crisp of this flavour before but i cant put my finger on where. tasty crisp.

fish and chips: dont see why these are unpopular i quite like them

builders breakfast: absolutely rotten, can only taste egg. flavour goes right up your nose :mad:

cajun squirrel: not bad but the flavour could be a bit stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

chilly choclate horrible
    Onion Baja taste like those curry flavor mummy snacks
    Builders breakfast horrible as well, gave me the runs after I ate them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Fish and chips smells nice but I'm not to keen on the taste:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I've bought both 6 packs and so far I've tried 4 flavours. Here are my opinions on the 4.

Hoi Sin: Rotten
    Fish and Chips: SO Rotten! Tastes like crispy salmon skin sushi rolls... A taste I never want to be reminded of.
    Onion Bhaji: Nice... tastes to me exactly like what it is supposed to.
    Chocolate and Chilli: Lovely. Surprisingly interesting flavours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

builders breakfast is the most vile thing ive tasted in years, the egg hits you after around a second, i had to spit it out

lingering artificial taste is still lingering in my gob, YUCK

stay away from it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

had cajun squirell nyom nyom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm just eating a pack of the hoisin duck, and they are unbelievably bland. What am I supposed to be tasting, the salt or that weird "oxo" flavor in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just had the Fish and chips tonight, quite nice I have to say although my hands now smell like a brothel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 erica-d

Ive tried them all, but I have to say the Duck with hoisin sauce was the nicest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm, didn't really make a point to try many of these out, but my sister bought me a packet of the Duck ones, which I found alright. I saw a few in town there, picked up Onion Bhaji and Cajun Squirrel. Loved the Bhaji ones, and the Squirrel ones were nice too if a little mild. I'm not making it a point to try out any of the others, though I wouldn't mind picking up another packet of Onion Bhaji again sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I tried the Duck and Hoisinn(sp) and hated them. Only ate one at threw the packed away.

I tried Fish and Chips and although the smell was horrible the taste was not soo bad. Kind of like prawn flavoured.

Chilli and Chocolate was ok but left a long after taste.

Cajun Squirell was ok. Of all of them that was the one that was best.

Great marketing ploy by Walkers mind you. Put out some horrible crisps and tell us to vote for the best of a bad bunch meaning we should really try all of
    them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Tried em all at this stage and it's a half and half kinda thing the chilli and chocolate,fish & chips, the duck ones are all manky. The builders breakfast and cajun squirrel are ok but my vote'd go to onion bhaji.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I've only tried Onion Bhaji and it was very nice I must say! I hope they vote in that one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Being a crispaholic, it takes a lot, a hell of a lot, for me to chuck a pack of crisps in the bin, but Chilli and Chocolate sure did manage it. Did these escape from a chemical warfare laboratory :eek:???

Builders Breakfast were too eggy, and managed to sit at bottom of my stomach uncomfortably for a couple of hours telling everything else to sod off.

Onion Bahji = plain curry = disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

onion bhaji and cajun squirrel all the way, builders too eggy, duck tastes of hoisin sauce and nothing else, not a fan of fish so fish and chips was out and chilli and chocolate was weird but not necessarily bad

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was initially a big fan of the Builder's Breakfast, but I've come to detest them. Eating too many I guess!

But yeah, Chili and Chocolate are by far the worst of this range.

Squirrel good. Duck bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I tried the fish n chips, YUCK. Like licking a gone off ray.
    I also tried the onion bajhi, cuz I like those, but the crisps were kinda 'hellooo where's the flavour'?
    And they're both really greasy.. make me feel ill.
    (both packs went in teh bin!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

star-pants wrote: »
    both packs went in teh bin

Thats where their suppose to go ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

donmeister wrote: »
    Thats where their suppose to go ;)

:p uneaten!!

And would you believe it, Builders Breakfast is after winning it:(
    They like their eggs over the water it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My God, they were by far the most revolting! Bleh :P I actually liked the chilli chocolate best...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:eek: Seriously?! The onion bhaji ones were the only ones I could tolerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Builder's Breakfast won. There is a God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 samantha2000

As stated many times before, Builders Breakfast tasted of nothing but egg. Yuk. Give me good old salt 'n' vinegar any day.

Advertisement