Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Price

Options
  • 19-01-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I went into a place today and was quoted €120 per hour for a tattoo on my shoulder. Its reasonably large and will extend slightly onto my back so I'm not sure how many hours it would take but does €120 sound expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I went into a place today and was quoted €120 per hour for a tattoo on my shoulder. Its reasonably large and will extend slightly onto my back so I'm not sure how many hours it would take but does €120 sound expensive?

Nope, sounds a pretty standard price, I paid €150 each for each of my back tattoos, which took around 1-1.5 hours...

Standard pricing is usually €80-€120 depends on what you want done, the level of detail and lots other factors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

€120 per hour? Sounds slightly high IMO. €80-100 I would class as the norm. Now if you're going to a very well know and sought after artiste then, yeah sure €120 could be accepted. Also if its a large piece maybe see if you can get a fixed price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Yeah sounds pretty high, the shops Iv been to charge €100 an hour and my tattoo only cost€80 as a minimum charge cos it took just under an hour to do.. Wildcat Ink on abbey street near Jervis btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

tbh its pretty standard, most charge between 100-120 euro an hour , times are changing an all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

emo!! wrote: »
    tbh its pretty standard, most charge between 100-120 euro an hour , times are changing an all that!
    could be going down, recession and all that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Jimmy Trigger

Hate to say it ... again

"Good tattoo's aren't cheap, and cheap tattoo's aren't good"

Its a normal price.

could be going down, recession and all that!!
    or up .. i know in the area i work in ,stuff has gone up as a result, selling less so need to make a profit somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I was told €120 an hour, i'm happy to pay that for mine!

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I was told €120 an hour, i'm happy to pay that for mine!
    ON the 11th, remember!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Who's charging €120 p/h in Dublin or Ireland for that matter? Its been a couple of months since I was last tattooed but it was 80-100 then and I think 100 per hour is a substantial enough price for what you get. Anyone charging over the 80 - 100 mark would want to be bringing something extra to the talent-party to warrant it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

I generally agree a price before my guy starts, then it is up to him how long it takes, i am paying a fixed price for end product, generally works out at 80 -100 euro an hr, my last tat was done quicker than he expected so he knocked €50 off the original quote as a show of good faith, he knows i will be back anyway lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Diceicle wrote: »
    Who's charging €120 p/h in Dublin or Ireland for that matter? Its been a couple of months since I was last tattooed but it was 80-100 then and I think 100 per hour is a substantial enough price for what you get. Anyone charging over the 80 - 100 mark would want to be bringing something extra to the talent-party to warrant it IMO.

Stigmata-tau in Swords and I think maybe Connected Ink on upper abbey street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

i had heard a few places had gone up over the last year. I also wouldn't be holding my breath for the prices to come down in any major way.

as stated above, i think the sheer tattooist saturation levels in dublin will mean the price stays there, as tattooists struggle to survive

Advertisement