Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an clique on boards.ie who are immune to the rules?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cheer up WARPS is on this weekend, might see you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mods or admins are allowed do as they please. In my experience boards mods are scumbags. I am not saying they all are, or always have to be. But they will most likely not improve their behaviour - you are simply not allowed protest their decisions, even when they are demonstratably wrong. They are allowed to make public comments that derail threads as part of their "Moderation", but you are not. What is the ****ing point of being a "Moderator" if you're doing that.

It's ridiculous. I'm still waiting for a major rival forum to come about but it's not happening, and my own attempts never went anywhere.

lolz

As much as boards is full of moronic users it has it's share of moronic mods but to call them scumbags is a bit over the top man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Because he's got more brown nosing to do.

his nose can fit up there now that javaboy has removed his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Cheer up WARPS is on this weekend, might see you there :D

Oh haha no. I still have a fair few friends from WARPS, but the society as a whole I got sick of, I don't like the attitude and the clique-like feel, plus the talking about me behind my back I heard about before my last trip there. I'm avoiding WARPCON like the plague.
    As much as boards is full of moronic users it has it's share of moronic mods but to call them scumbags is a bit over the top man.

Honestly it's not. Most of these mods show no trace of human compassion or a grasp of basic logic. If they weren't mods and acted like that, people would tear into them. Some mods are downright scumbags, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

and my own attempts never went anywhere.
    I can see why

Bye :)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    I can see why

Bye :)

Because I don't act appropriately to how you'd like me to, my forums would fail? Someone's having trouble distincting the subjective for the objective. Since most mods refuse to back their ideas and rules logically, they are merely subjective opinions. It is not objective fact that how I act on this forum is "bad". It's bad enough you take moderation action on something you don't back up with reason, but now it's fact too?

How the admins and mods view appropriate conduct is not universal to the entire internet. I have made a good admin myself in the past, I just have not had any very successful forums. Which is true for most admins, and almost all good ones, sadly.

This is just another example of boards mods being cocky.

Oh haha no. I still have a fair few friends from WARPS, but the society as a whole I got sick of, I don't like the attitude and the clique-like feel, plus the talking about me behind my back I heard about before my last trip there. I'm avoiding WARPCON like the plague.

oh dear that pattern again.

Honestly it's not. Most of these mods show no trace of human compassion or a grasp of basic logic. If they weren't mods and acted like that, people would tear into them. Some mods are downright scumbags, anyway.

Some forums require compassion and some slapping people who just can't seem to behave themselves. PI usually needs both.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

In my experience boards mods are scumbags.
    I just have not had any very successful forums.

I'm not surprised to be honest if you throw insults around like that.

SteveC wrote: »
    I'm not surprised to be honest if you throw insults around like that.

Amazingly, I don't talk like that around everybody. It's just that I have a marked lack of respect for people who put themselves beyond reason. Unlike you I actually act appropritately as an moderator or admin, and not the same as I would but with lots more pow0r now.
    oh dear that pattern again.

That's not fair. I already stated before that I think Ireland is socially ****ed, in general, so I'm not going through the same thing over and over without having called it to some extent before hand.
    Some forums require compassion and some slapping people who just can't seem to behave themselves. PI usually needs both.

I haven't seen much of your moderation, but the issue is that you defend the right of other mods to be scumbags to begin with.

Some people(like me) will never respond well to "firm judgement". I actually respond very well to people talking things out with me, which has never happened to me once with a boards mod, which is why this seems rather cyclical.

I'm probably notorious enough with the mods by now, and I'm giving them free advice as to how to deal with me as a "trouble" member. I honestly think they're more interested in the rush they get acting like cocks than they are in keeping the peace.

That's not fair.

Life is not fair.
    I already stated before that I think Ireland is socially ****ed, in general, so I'm not going through the same thing over and over without having called it to some extent before hand.

Then leave.

I haven't seen much of your moderation,

But you are willing to slate me and all the other of the 600 mods who's moderation you have no experience of ?
    but the issue is that you defend the right of other mods to be scumbags to begin with.

Darling try growing up in finglas and you will know all about real scumbags.
    Mods are people too and have bad days and get irked but you really are tarring people all with the same brush and expecting them to be the same which makes you just as bad as those you are complaining about who are intolerant árseholes.
    Some people(like me) will never respond well to "firm judgement".

Then this may not be the site for you.
    I actually respond very well to people talking things out with me, which has never happened to me once with a boards mod, which is why this seems rather cyclical.

You want us to hold your hand and explain everything until you feel better about it and can accept it ? Sorry can't see that happening.

I'm probably notorious enough with the mods by now, and I'm giving them free advice as to how to deal with me as a "trouble" member. I honestly think they're more interested in the rush they get acting like cocks than they are in keeping the peace.

I will try and explain to a poster in pm where they have transgressed the rules or why their post was unacceptable and a lot of mods do that but it goes unseen. I won't if a poster comes across as aggressive, they will be directed to helpdesk cos that is just stress I don't need.

There are times when modding has to be visible as it shows to others reading the thread where the line is, which saves on a lot of work and pms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Mods or admins are allowed do as they please. In my experience boards mods are scumbags.
    temper-tantrum.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mods or admins are allowed do as they please. In my experience boards mods are scumbags. I am not saying they all are, or always have to be. But they will most likely not improve their behaviour - you are simply not allowed protest their decisions, even when they are demonstratably wrong. They are allowed to make public comments that derail threads as part of their "Moderation", but you are not. What is the ****ing point of being a "Moderator" if you're doing that.

It's ridiculous. I'm still waiting for a major rival forum to come about but it's not happening, and my own attempts never went anywhere.

YEP, There's a clique moaning about cliques!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Right, there's nothing further to add to this.

corkstudent, if you post again on feedback and insult every single one of the 600 volunteers who give up their free time to help make this site the major forum in Ireland, then we won't be requiring your "feedback" any longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement