Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an clique on boards.ie who are immune to the rules?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Okay, I admit it. I am the clique on boards.ie who are immune to the rules. You thought it would be a popular poster but no; that's just what I wanted you to think. I've been getting away with it for years and frankly it's disgusting and has to stop. I never meant for it to come to this - a 7 page thread, people quoting each other, thanking posts, linking other threads. It just panned out that way. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused.

Let me just collect my lolcats and I'll be on my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

NOTE: this is from the SAME post!
    DeVore wrote: »
    I don't think what I said to him was abusive. It was certainly angry and harsh but did I call him names?
    DeVore wrote: »
    I was angered by his post and his attitude. I shouldnt have called him a cnut its true but everyone makes mistakes.

Are you a bit flustered there Dev?

You dont seem to have a good handle on this whole personal abuse thingy do you?

lol :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Let me just collect my lolcats and I'll be on my way.

Earthhorse, WAIT!

Before you go...will you breathe on me so I can absorb your cliqueness? I really, really hate this poster and I wanna give him/her a piece of my mind without fear of a banning.

Earthhorse, WAIT!

Before you go...will you breathe on me so I can absorb your cliqueness? I really, really hate this poster and I wanna give him/her a piece of my mind without fear of a banning.

Go for it! I'll say it was all in jest and thank you for the abuse. You definitely wont get banned then.

Do your worst ...

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Go for it! I'll say it was all in jest and thank you for the abuse. You definitely wont get banned then.

Do your worst ...

I wasn't talking about you. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If anyone else had posted that you'd be crying abuse..:rolleyes:

If you prod the bear for long enough, it'll eventually bite your hand off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Earthhorse, WAIT!

I...

*looks emo*

*breathes on Rhett Modern Chalk*

Use it well.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Use it well.

I will, sensei.

*Eats bamboo shoots and waters a bonsai tree in earnest*

SteveC wrote: »
    If anyone else had posted that you'd be crying abuse..:rolleyes:

Where exactly was the abuse in what I said?

I'd appreciate if you could point that out for me.

If you prod the bear for long enough, it'll eventually bite your hand off. :)

Are you calling me a bear?

Now thats personal abuse ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

While your at it, could you also show me where I specifically said there was a clique?

*ahem* pot kettle....black? Have you read the title of your own thread?

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    *ahem* pot kettle....black? Have you read the title of your own thread?

The question Ms Kettle is "have YOU read the title of my own thread".

The thread is called "Is there a clique on boards.ie who are immune to the rules?"

I didnt say there was a clique ... I was asking if there was one.

In all my posts in this thread I never once said there was a clique. Can you link to anywhere I said that please?

I didnt say there was a clique ... I was asking if there was one.
    But you're implying there is.... you're quoted posts to 'prove' the existance of what you believe to be a clique... it's not really a question anymore (From you) more of a 'back me up in my belief and heres posts to prove it'

You may not have actually said the words there is a clique, but you're putting across the view that you believe there is. You were taking such delight in pointing out the flaws in DeVores post I just thought I'd point out a minor one of your own. You can't really argue 'oooh where'd I say there was a clique? huh?huh?' when it's completely implied in the title alone.

But this is off topic. The world has cliques, the schools have cliques, colleges / workplaces / everywhere. All subjective to their surroundings. It's like saying 'is there a clique of mothers & fathers?' cuz they bend their own rules.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Where exactly was the abuse in what I said?

I'd appreciate if you could point that out for me.

There isn't any, that's my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Where specifically have I said I've never made a mistake? Link please or are you just talking sh1te?

While your at it, could you also show me where I specifically said there was a clique? Link or is it just more sh1t talk fro the big man who is able to abuse at will.

A vague whinge or some feedback a bit too close to the bone :D

Why dont you just call me a cnut and be done with it? Thats what you really think of me isn't it?

While we're at it I'll give my opinion of you. I think you have a total lack of class for thinking you are in some way superior to everyone else in this community. A true leader leads ... he does not expect higher standards from those around him than he is willing to impose upon himself. It says a lot about you that you impose standards on everyone else that you are unwilling to adhere to yourself.

Thank you for your interest in my feedback.

I'll refer you to this.

You were the kind of kid who used to wave his hands in front of other people's faces while reciting "I'm not touching you, so you can't do anything" ad nauseum, and then when you got a slap went crying and said the person you were annoying was a bully, weren't you?

So far in this thread you have gone from is there a clique, to is there a mod conspiracy, to were some recent soccer bans justified, to a personal swipe at an admin.

Do you actually have a point here or are you just giving out and trying to cause trouble as part of a self-delusional attempt to martyr yourself in some kind of rebel "man-of-the-people" fantasy?

The question Ms Kettle is "have YOU read the title of my own thread".

As you decided to edit your post to include my name, I'd just like to point out a) I never actually called you a pot or a kettle or black, I just used those words in my post
    and
    b) it's Ms Pants to you :pac:

oh and c)
    you claim Dev is flustered because he said 'Did i resort to calling him names?' and then said 'I shouldn't have called him a c***'
    He never actually said he DIDNT call you names... he asked the question....there's a difference (if you're going to be pedantic)

Actually, I'll reply to this as well.
    Are you calling me a bear?

Now thats personal abuse ...
    I'm not calling you a bear. The bear is boards and the communities' tolerance for users who continually and pointlessly complain about it.

Sadly, I guess I'm accusing you of trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

I was waiting for the "Internet: serious business" quote to be trotted out. That combined with the "if you don't like it here fuk off" retort. Well done ... you haven't let me down! Amp would probably ask you if you have an original thought in your head at this point :D

Feel free to quote my "if you don't like it here fuk off" retort. One can only imaginge on your perfect boards it would be a bad thing to miss represent another poster.
    Should the community just have to accept that? If not, is the only option for the community member to fuk off somewhere else?

It was you who mentioned the fuk off bit.

Amp would proably call you a "fuking moron" Actualy I am sure he would, no probably about it. :)

Seeing as you are waiting btw.....

Internet. Serious Business.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm afraid it's a lot more exclusive than that Sully.

No one will PM you details on the clique, it doesn't work that way.

When and if you have shown yourself to be worthy, you will be contacted with details on how to become on of the elite.

Until then, you will need to wait with baited breath.

The first rule of The Clique is that you do not talk about The Clique.

And so forth...

orestes wrote: »
    You were the kind of kid who used to wave his hands in front of other people's faces while reciting "I'm not touching you, so you can't do anything" ad nauseum, and then when you got a slap went crying and said the person you were annoying was a bully, weren't you?

I never ran away crying. And I stood up to bullies (instead of supporting them like some here).
    So far in this thread you have gone from is there a clique, to is there a mod conspiracy, to were some recent soccer bans justified, to a personal swipe at an admin.

I had a personal swipe at an admin ONLY after he had a personal swipe at me.
    Do you actually have a point here or are you just giving out and trying to cause trouble as part of a self-delusional attempt to martyr yourself in some kind of rebel "man-of-the-people" fantasy?

I have a point here ... look at the OP.

My failing is that yet another feedback thread that could potentially be useful has descended into this ... I take my share of the blame for that.

Orestes, can I ask you a serious question? Aside from all the swiping and sh1t in this thread, do you think I have any point in anything I have said thus far? Or is the whole thing one big self-delusional attempt at martyrdom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

:)

tbh Gandalf23
    attentionwhore.jpgtroll.jpg
    muppet.jpgmindboggle.jpg

I think I just crippled Mr Onion.

• Advertisement

Actually, I'll reply to this as well.

I'm not calling you a bear. The bear is boards and the communities' tolerance for users who continually and pointlessly complain about it.

Sadly, I guess I'm accusing you of trolling.

Steve, I always liked your style, and I have taken you as a decent bloke who always has something intelligent to say. It's true, I suspect you take the side of boards a wee bit too much, but I would always read and respect your posts.

Can I ask you a question? Why are you calling me a troll? If I am a troll surely deV is one too? Do you admit he took the first swipe at me and I was only defending myself?

I'm not gonna fall out with you over this because you are a good bloke.

Thanks thead .. I was wondering when the cards would come out!

Boards trading cards ... the last bastion of the inarticulate!

Look Gandalf23 you are here more then long enough to know how sick and tired people get of the crys of mod conspiracy and The Clique that is why you appear to be a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Do you admit he took the first swipe at me and I was only defending myself?

eh... You have to be extracting the urine gandalf23 :D

/adjusts Halo.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Look Gandalf23 you are here more then long enough to know how sick and tired people get of the crys of mod conspiracy and The Clique that is why you appear to be a troll.

Thaed, I asked a valid question in a (totally vain) attempt to start a discussion. I was stupid enough to think something good might come if it. My failing is that I never learn ... I was not disciplined enough to keep this thread on topic, which is a shame because there were some good points being made. I failed because I rose to the flamebait and let the thread descend to this. My failing ... pity.

Its telling that people here are so defensive ... I'm just making comment and feedback (critical admittedly, but valid comment nonetheless). I reacted to dev, but only after he took the first shot at me. I understand why some of you feel the need to defend him by attacking me.

Most of you might not believe that my intentions were good, but meh, I'll sleep well tonight anyway. Maybe you should just for one second think if I made any valid points at all in this thread ... if not thats cool, you can dismiss me as a troll. If I made even one of you think its been worth it.

I'll happily bow out here. Everyone please feel free to take your best shots. I'll thank any abuse I get ... feel free to do your worst. Under the new precedent thats been established you wont get banned if I thank you.

I'm outta this thread but I will reply to anything specific from thaed, deV, Beru or Seamus. I'm fighting a loosing battle with the rest of the community, but as I said before, meh.

Thanks thead .. I was wondering when the cards would come out!

Boards trading cards ... the last bastion of the inarticulate!

Hey don't hate the player hate the game and they are funny cos they are true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

:)

tbh Gandalf23
    attentionwhore.jpgtroll.jpg
    muppet.jpgmindboggle.jpg

I think you deserve a pint of Scumble for that brilliant post

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

To be honest I see a thread like this and I ask myself the question is this person trying to make the site better with solutions or is it just a whinge. This post from what I have seen has descended into a whinge.

Gandalf23 one of the owners of the site has asked you about the clique and who you feel are the members of that clique, ie specifics on your issue and you have refused to engage. At this stage this thread is going nowhere except raising yours and a few others blood pressures, I'd suggest a lock before people say things they regret.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I've never found you sexy until this moment.
    Gandalf23 wrote:
    > Gandalf23 one of the owners of the site has asked you about the clique

There isn't any. Mods often joke at the perceived existence of a clique. End of thread.

• Advertisement

Thaed, I asked a valid question in a (totally vain) attempt to start a discussion. I was stupid enough to think something good might come if it. My failing is that I never learn ... I was not disciplined enough to keep this thread on topic, which is a shame because there were some good points being made. I failed because I rose to the flamebait and let the thread descend to this. My failing ... pity.

Well any thread with clique in the title in this forum is not going to for the most part go well.

There are several cliques on this site, we also call them communities.

There are pockets of people all over this site who know each other in real life
    have each other's phone numbers and meet up in person.

There is no one ruling clique ( other then the admins ) and there is no mod conspiracy, really how I have been torn apart on this forum over the last 12 months is more then a good enough example of that.
    Its telling that people here are so defensive ... I'm just making comment and feedback (critical admittedly, but valid comment nonetheless). I reacted to dev, but only after he took the first shot at me. I understand why some of you feel the need to defend him by attacking me.

I think you asked a daft question which was aimed to goad people or you daftly goaded people by asking a question. Doing a search on it would have been more informative.
    Most of you might not believe that my intentions were good, but meh, I'll sleep well tonight anyway. Maybe you should just for one second think if I made any valid points at all in this thread ... if not thats cool, you can dismiss me as a troll. If I made even one of you think its been worth it.

Hey I ask pain in the arse and provocative questions myself and get people's backs up but dude seriously you don't tick off the admins, seriously.

And I love a chance to use the gathering cards so cheers.
    I'll happily bow out here. Everyone please feel free to take your best shots. I'll thank any abuse I get ... feel free to do your worst. Under the new precedent thats been established you wont get banned if I thank you.

Well I would urge people not to abuse you cos clearly you just want it too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement