Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB in the outback

Options
  • 19-01-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get broadband for my house in Cavan but cant get DSL.

Basically the house is located in the middle of nowhere and we can barley even get a mobile phone signal! What are my options?

Thanks a mill guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Didn't realise some places in Ireland were still not recieving mobile phone signals .Sorry I cant help .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Be a bit more specific about your location (without giving your address obviously:p) and someone may know if there is a wireless providor in your area. Failing that you're looking at satellite.
    Didn't realise some places in Ireland were still not recieving mobile phone signals .Sorry I cant help .

Welcome to life west of Lucan.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

Have a similar problem in the West, cheapest solution was Eircom Fixed Wireless Access, very slow and not totally reliable and you have to have line of sight to nearest mast.

Also have problems with mobile signals.

Welcome to the Deadzone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 StarshipTrooper

Thanks guys,

I don't think their is a wireless provider in my area. If I could get somewhere around my house that does receive a decent mobile signal (eg up a tree or on an ESB pylon) could I just run a cable from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Go to Broadband.gov.ie and check the map, it should give you a reasonable idea of exactly what is available in your area.

I have the same situation; poor mobile reception due to geography and no landline, but I do have a local fixed wireless setup, which so far is pretty good. I live in Wexford BTW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement