Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kemps

Options
  • 19-01-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Source The Mirror
    Martin and Gary Kemp are reportedly "struggling to cope with the double loss" of their mother and father.
    The Spandau Ballet brothers are being comforted by family and friends following the family tragedy, reports The Mirror.
    Retired printer Frank, 79, suffered a heart attack and was pronounced dead at a Bournemouth hospital where Eileen, 77, was being treated for a heart bypass. She died 48 hours later of "a broken heart". A joint funeral is planned for the couple, who were married for 55 years, next week.
    "Martin and Gary adored their parents. This has hit them like a double lightning bolt," a friend said.

losing one parent is bad but losing both in the space of 48 hours is devastating

RIP

Comments

Jesus that is rough. :(

In a way it is nice for the parents though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I had a similar experience 4 years ago, my father and mother were both diagnosed with cancer then died a few months later within 4 weeks of each other.
    Poor Martin and Gary - I really feel for them.

I'm sorry to hear that Kelle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Thanks, Moonbaby. Like you said, it's lovely for the parents.
    Their parents died suddenly, though - that must be more difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God that's horrible :( It must be some comfort to know they are together though.

Sorry for your loss too Kelle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

kelle wrote: »
    I had a similar experience 4 years ago, my father and mother were both diagnosed with cancer then died a few months later within 4 weeks of each other.

Sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

kelle wrote: »

Very sad Kelle, I imagine you need a lot of strength to get through that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

:(

Now that's what you call a double-whammy.

Advertisement