Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help insurance on english bmw

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Experience , I'm afraid.

If you rob a bank and get away with it, is it to be recommended as a regular income source?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

It's only a statement not encouragement or advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, I hope you have done a bit more homework on the car itself than you have on insurance and VRT situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭gazman59

thanks for the help guys. the vrt is 1600e not to bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

MYOB wrote: »
    I know. Relevance of your post? None.

If you're driving a UK registered car with an Irish insurance disk in the window you are asking for trouble.

Relevence being, why in the name of **** would you put an insurance disk in a car when it's not required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's only a statement not encouragement or advice.
    It's an untrue statement.

Quinn will insure you for the year with the yellow plates. No requirements at all to change them over.

+1

You will have no problem insuring it with Quinn. I have done it as have a number of friends of mine for varying amounts of time. In all cases we received a cert for the year or the rest of the policy which was 10 months in my case. I have spoken to them about it also and they more or less treat Ireland and the Uk as a common area and will insure UK cars in Ireland and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

MYOB wrote: »
    Not any more they don't - customs checks are getting ever more frequent. Dangerous "advice".

There was a program on RTE1 a few months ago about Customs here.
    The customs officer being featured noticed a BMW in front of them (He and the film crew) with northern plates. He flashed the guy to pull over, and found he hadn't registered his car here. The driver had his car seized and had to pay over €20k in fines and taxes.

So OP, it's probably better to get it sorted sooner than later.

Advertisement