Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitar practicals HELP!

Options
  • 19-01-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

oh jebus
    i dont know what i was doing haha
    i play guitar, i can play bar chords, basic finger chords and the occasional bit of tabs
    and i need to do 6 pieces for the leaving cert
    i've got a fella that will show me/teach me because im better at copying what i see then learning myself
    the practicals are in a few weeks and i need to know what i should do thats simple yet effective

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Rodrigo Y Gabriella, I know Tamacun. It's easy and impressive. If you got the teacher to try the Gabriella bit it'd more than likely kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Are you sure it's a good idea to play all the six on the guitar? If you don't know your peices yet or havn't even learnt your peices then I'd be a little bit worried!
    You might want to consider doing the sibelius and play just the 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

I dont know what im doing yet! I only have 2 pieces which I havn't prepared once :S
    While we're on the topic I need 2 easy pieces to sing for the practical....I don't plan to do well, just need something easy to get me by. So far I gots 2 Oasis songs. Any suggestions??

You should vary it a little. Maybe go with a ballad? or song from a musical?

Didn't you say you were playing six songs on guitar? Then why you need singing peices too? It's only four and four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beki91

because DaaaaaaaN and i are different people :P
    anyhoo, i've decided to sing 4 and play 4
    my ideas are:
    Roulette by SOAD
    Free Fallin' by John Mayer
    Under The Bridge by RHCP
    and Touching the Earth by James Murphy

any other ideas are welcome though because i dont have much variety at all
    also any songs would be appreciated haha

• Advertisement

haha crap sorry bout that!
    I love SOAD!! Ha wish I could play something good on flute, most of my peices are classical or crap like that.
    My peices so far are:
    Tambourin - Gossec
    The Lonsome Boatsman - traditional
    Flute Concerto in G 2nd mvnt - Mozart
    Schindler's list (hopefully)
    La fille aux cheveux de lin - Debussy
    and one on piccolo either Sailors Hornpipe or Vivaldi piccolo Concert 2nd Mvnt.

Euch choices choices! And our class is starting to practice them this next monday! I'd better get amove on picking!? :(

Advertisement