Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bin charges/schedule

• 19-01-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This applies to Corpo service only of course.

I hear that the brown bin is going to be free when the renewal takes place, the green bin will cost more (4 euro?) while the grey goes up to 8 euro a pop!

The Brown bin will be emptied every 2 weeks, this is exellent news as 3 in the summer was not often enough, while there will be an extra green bin collection after Christmas.

The annual charge is the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Just started using the Brown bin since yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Emptying the brown bin for free every two weeks makes no odds to me. I probably only put it out twice a year. If I cut the grass and leave it in the bin it compacts itself and leaves room for fresh cuttings to go in. It's ridiculous that they want to promote a green environment and then hike the price of putting out the green bin by 60%.

Also, as someone who puts the black bin out every three weeks, this further cements my decision to give Mr Binman a go. The corporation can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ah Boo to you Mike :pac:,

They are like €14.50 a pop for the Grey Bin out my way and something like 8 for the brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

CC charges are very bad indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

gscully wrote: »
    Emptying the brown bin for free every two weeks makes no odds to me. I probably only put it out twice a year. If I cut the grass and leave it in the bin it compacts itself and leaves room for fresh cuttings to go in.

Agreed - I'd prefer to see the green bin and grey bin collected every other week, with perhaps the brown bin only collected maybe one week out of every 8 or so, it all composts down anyway.

Ziedth, the CC charges are high alright, and I remember when I was living far enough out from town that my bin was being collected by the county council, we were only given a "half size" wheelie bin but still had to pay the full 12.50 or whatever it was at the time to get it collected.:mad:

Still though, tis better than having to go with a private collector - my parents have to use a privately run collection due to where they live (the depths of Co Kilkenny), and have to buy special pricey "bags" to put the rubbish out in rather than tags IYKWIM, you'd fit about 4 of these bags into a normal wheelie bin, the cost is exorbitant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not every private bin company is the same tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I assume the thinking behind this, aside from lining the coffers, is to try and get people to start using the brown bin more? If this were the case, then it probably would have been better to lower the charge on the green bin too, to try and move people even further away from the black/grey bin. But as it is it just seems to be about the money.

Advertisement