Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Schools for HGV

Options
  • 19-01-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi im looking for a driving school which will teach me to drive a rigid (C) and then my artic (EC).
    In Cork, ie macroom or kerry. ie killarney. Does anyone now of any?
    THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Try ISM. they do C and CE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What is the cost like of learning to drive a HGV? Its something I'm thinking of saving for - a recession insurance policy - so to speak ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

Ive been doing lessond with ISM in based out of dublin city center, i think its 100 euro for a 2 hour lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

bikki wrote: »
    Ive been doing lessond with ISM in based out of dublin city center, i think its 100 euro for a 2 hour lesson.

Any idea how many lessons should be required to pass the test? I realise everyone is different, but a generalisation would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Any idea how many lessons should be required to pass the test? I realise everyone is different, but a generalisation would be useful.

First thing you need is to pass the theory test. That will take a few evenings to get all that stuff into the head.
    I think its 150 for 2 hours. Im just applying for the licence now so hopefully I will be driving the lorry in the next month or so.
    No idea how many lessons would be required. Im of the opinion that a person is either a lorry driver or they are not so if you (or I) dont get the hang of it quickly, give it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

There's a special 'learning to drive' forum which has lots of info about theory tests, driving schools and different type of licences.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=909
    Hope this is of some help to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

passed my C test after 5 lessons and a pretest, tbh theres no drivin jobs out there
    head over to irishrigs.com and see all the drivers lookin for work

Advertisement