Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest xbox 360 premium around

• 19-01-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if this is covered in a different topic but...

Does anyone know what shop in Dublin is doing the best deal on a premium xbox 360?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

ya i want an arcade xbox...whats cheapest place to buy this..im in meath..but if price is ryt il make it into the big bad smoke:D

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I made a thread last week in the Bargain Requests forum but didn't get any responses :(
    Ordered a 60GB premium yesterday from dabs.ie for ~€206 delivered. Looking now I see the price has dropped today down to ~€198 del.
    http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=57BX&CategorySelectedId=11034&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11034&InMerch=1
    The arcade works out to be about €160 delivered.
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4S32&CategorySelectedId=11200&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11200

probably wont find it cheape then 160?!?!will need a 2nd controller 2!!

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

probably wont find it cheape then 160?!?!will need a 2nd controller 2!!

A few shops are selling Kung Fu Panda, Lego Indiana Jones and a wireless controller for ~€50.
    Its this pack here, but play seem to have drastically increased the price of it.

dont like the way they sell bundles...think its spudid...the games are rarely best sellers...and are just a gimic to drive the price up:mad:

😎

• Advertisement

SO anyone...where can i get the cheapest arcade xbox 360

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jel

Some more questions..

- Do both the premium and arcade have HDMI outputs?
    - Is it possible to buy an arcade and get a hard disk later on?
    - Do both the arcade and premium come with only one controller?
    - With the arcade is it possible to download extras for games (e.g. maps for halo?)

thanks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

jel wrote: »
    Some more questions..

- Do both the premium and arcade have HDMI outputs?
    - Is it possible to buy an arcade and get a hard disk later on?
    - Do both the arcade and premium come with only one controller?
    - With the arcade is it possible to download extras for games (e.g. maps for halo?)

thanks....

YES
    YES
    YES
    Depends on the size of the extras. It's a false economy to buy the arcade, if you're downloading maps and add-ons you really should get a premium as you'll always be caught for space with a memory card.

YES
    YES
    YES
    Depends on the size of the extras. It's a false economy to buy the arcade, if you're downloading maps and add-ons you really should get a premium as you'll always be caught for space with a memory card.

thanks Oafley..

my current xbox got the RROD, and is with the small claims court trying to sort out with xtravision. Turns out xtravision never replied to the claim so I'm entitled to the full refund back. Will take some weeks to sort out tho.

So i might just buy the arcade, if xtravision want everything back - fine, i'll buy a hard disk then.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

thanks Oafley..

my current xbox got the RROD, and is with the small claims court trying to sort out with xtravision. Turns out xtravision never replied to the claim so I'm entitled to the full refund back. Will take some weeks to sort out tho.

So i might just buy the arcade, if xtravision want everything back - fine, i'll buy a hard disk then.

Thanks for the info.

If you have a DS, WII or PSP that you dont use anymore then gamestop are doing an offer (pretty crap offer imo) where you can get a premium console for:

€50 if you trade a WII and 2 games
    €130 if you trade a DS and 3 games

and something else if you trade a PSP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

thanks Oafley..

Thanks for the info.

About two hours after I responded to your questions my xbox died. Second time too, hope they'll actually replace it with a new one this time. Tempted to buy a new premium and sell whatever I get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

thanks Oafley..

You know microsoft will fix RROD for free right?

i dont av a psp or anythin to trade in...

😎

mika27 wrote: »
    You know microsoft will fix RROD for free right?

I know yep, did my research on it.

It was within the first year and when i rang them they said they wouldnt have anything to do with it. Law states they have to give a refund, replacement or repair. If they repair it for you and it comes back broken again law says to give ya a brand new one.

Basically going down the legal route has paid off. They never bothered responding to the claim and the default now is a refund.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, most heatons stores were selling Premiums (20 Gig Version) for €99 just before christmas, I seen this is the one in the square Tallaght.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Lads, most heatons stores were selling Premiums (20 Gig Version) for €99 just before christmas, I seen this is the one in the square Tallaght.

are u taking the piss??:p

😎

Advertisement