Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Cards

Options
  • 19-01-2009 7:16pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As far as I know credit cards have inusrance on them to cover the purchase.

What kind of things do they cover?

I'm thinking of buying a car and was gona use my credit card (loan would be transfered on to the card). Does this have any benifits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

my understanding of that coverage is for example if you buy a tv and the tv blows up and the person that you bought it from is either giving you a hard time about refunds, or they could have even gone bust or what not, then you would be covered for a refund/invetigation from them.

i have the conditions of use for the BOI cc sitting in front of me and will probably take me the rest of the night to read (can someone give the OK to sign it please!!! :)) but if i come across anything that might help ill let u know.

another point... thing about the miles/rewards if you have one of those credit cards :)

on the bad side... a dealer may not take a credit card as payment from you, reason i know this is i bought a car before xmas and he wouldnt take a credit card, so i needed to get a cheque for him.
    i cant remember exactly why... maybe the like 2% or 5% that they have to pay on top of the price they put through ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

kearnsr wrote: »

I'm thinking of buying a car and was gona use my credit card (loan would be transfered on to the card). Does this have any benifits?

If you are thinking that car insurance (i.e third party, fire, theft ,comprehensive) is covered by your credit card company - then the answer is a definite No I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not all of them, many do not.

Very little and sometimes only for the joureny from the retailer to home...

Really doubt if they would accepted it, they will be charged 1 or 2% on the transaction for processing the sale, and on car, this could be a lot of money.

Also your card issueur might put an maximum value on transactions, even if you have the funds required.

Advertisement