Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

counterfeit blades my rights

Options
  • 19-01-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

hi dont know if im posting in the right section or not anyway
    i made a purchase of alledgelly genuine gillette razor blades back in november for 1125us from a site called ioffer in america the seller told me they were genuine so i went ahead with the sale and received them 3weeks later sold some to my friends/work collegues that was ok i put some on ebay for €450 befoe xmas and again i sold them as genuine to a chap from germany he received them after xmas he sent me a mail telling me they were counterfeit and was sending some off to proctor&gamble who make them to get tested i received his report from them and they are fake i contacted the person who i bought them from but all they say is they bought them from a 3rd party and can do nothing for me i contacted the site who also say nought can do i paid for them through paypal i contacted paypal who told me 45 days had lasped since the sale and again nought can do for me the chap from ebay who bought the blades now wants his money back i sent some blades off to proctor&gamble too get them tested waiting on word back so what would my rights be if any as i really thought these blades were the real deal and now ive to give the chap his money and im left with fake blades and out of pocket any help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

is their any chance you could move it to the right section please thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Now that is one seriously long sentence. Have you considered using the odd full stop? Oh, and about the blades - hard luck there! You were trying to make a quick buck but got stung. Everybody knows there are tons of fake blades out there so if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from Work/Jobs.

thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

karl75 wrote: »
    thanks very much

No problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

In this case, you have no rights. You were buying from the US, so any European consumer protection does not apply. Also, since you bought them in bulk, to be re-sold, you'd have no consumer protection anyway.

ok thanks a costly mistake to do thanks il learn

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

let me get this straight $1125 worth?
    did you not think it was too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Of course, anyone you sold them to, in Europe, now has the right to come after you for selling counterfeit blades. :D

Unfortunately for you, you're SOL in regards to the person/company you bought from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I know this will sound harsh but good enough for you. Are you registered for VAT etc. and a trader or just someone trying to make a quick Ebay killing?
    It sounded too good to be true so it was...
    As far as I know you could be in trouble for selling conterfeit goods if the owners decide to do so. P&G seem to have full US, European and Workd right to the patent and Copyrights. It is your responsibilty as the seller to ensure that goods you are selling are legitimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€1125! surely you knew lots of fakes are out there before you even considered buying them?

Advertisement