Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Amber engine light

Options
  • 19-01-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

the amber engine light has just started flashing on my car. No sooner than this happened the car is jumping slightly as driving. Am i in major trouble here does anyone know, the garage was shut when it happened so could not ring. Afraid to drive it now. Its a 316 bmw.

any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It's your engine management light - you'll have to bring it to a main dealer or good independant tomorrow to see what's at fault with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Garage with diagnostics will sort ya out fairly quick. Could be a few things I suppose but the mechanics on here might have experience of that particular car. Dont lose any sleep over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

i might not loose sleep tonight but i'm sure i will tomorrow night when get the bill :L.. thanks, i hope it gets over to garage ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Lainey wrote: »
    i might not loose sleep tonight but i'm sure i will tomorrow night when get the bill :L.. thanks, i hope it gets over to garage ok now

Diagnostics report. I'm sure they'll bill you for the minimum 1hr labour charge so your looking at around a €100 - and that's just to tell you what is wrong :eek: Here's hoping that it's not too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Lainey wrote: »
    the amber engine light has just started flashing on my car. No sooner than this happened the car is jumping slightly as driving. Am i in major trouble here does anyone know, the garage was shut when it happened so could not ring. Afraid to drive it now. Its a 316 bmw.

any advice??

I had the same issue with my 316ti before Christmas. I thought it was the head gasket that had gone. Brought to my local independent and expected the worst. About a grand for head replacement assuming no other damage was done. Turns out it was a faulty injected coil and the plugs needed replacement. €200 was all it cost, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

ohh god its typical, its only gone two years old.. :(

Advertisement