Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

punk/rock/metal apprication society anyone?

• 19-01-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

well iv taken the plunge into figuring out how exactly one goes about setting up a new society today!
    im hoping to form a punk/rock/metal music apprication society for the I.T., hopefully members can meet similar minded music folk, trade some tunes, build up amazing cd collections and use it as a forum for spreading the word on upcoming gigs etc.
    any thoughts on the idea anyone?
    hopefully it takes off!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

papagormo wrote: »
    well iv taken the plunge into figuring out how exactly one goes about setting up a new society today!
    im hoping to form a punk/rock/metal music apprication society for the I.T., hopefully members can meet similar minded music folk, trade some tunes, build up amazing cd collections and use it as a forum for spreading the word on upcoming gigs etc.
    any thoughts on the idea anyone?
    hopefully it takes off!:)

seen the posters in the college, any luck getting people to join, I would if I wasn't in 4th year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

have yet to hear back form the clubs and societies officer. think maybe i should have included a mobile number, going emailing or visitin the officer guy may put people off..whoops 2me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll be heading to Dundalk in September to do a new course so if this society is still going then yeah I'll join.

If you want some new metal to listen to then come to me. I shall point you in the way of darkness!!!

excellent stuff! all things considered it may be the wrong time of year for it, but no harm it getting some foundations laid for next year.if i can get some more people involved, then hopefully generate more interest and u can show more people the dark side!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Id prob join this, still going? Is Dundalk good for metal gigs?

• Advertisement

i have been talking to another lad interested in setting up some sort of a society. our plan is to meet the clubs and societies officer soon, try and get some interest drummed up and hopefully set up a stall at the clubs and societies day.
    at the mo we are trashing out some ideas for things to do as a society etc so open forum here if anybody has any thoughts/suggestions etc the proposed society could do.

so far we are thinking:
    social group gathering
    exchange music/dvds etc
    organise buses to gigs maybe
    maybe organise for a few bands to play

Any news regarding your society?

i met up with one other lad who is interested in setting up something, but to be honest, i think the workload is going to be a bit heavier this year so i wouldnt have as much free time to be able to go organising diff things. the other lad is in 3rd year and has a thesis to be working on aswell so i honestly dont know at this moment in time if we will go ahead with setting up something.we missed the boat there for the clubs and societies day aswell as we are both lazy!

You should just organise something in the bar and load the jukebox with metal.
    Satyricon for me. :) Still can't believe they've got them on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

Way to go Gormo :P

• Advertisement

Louise~ wrote: »

get outta my kitchen louise!

Louise~ wrote: »

Pics?

Advertisement