Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW 130 bhp TDi Question.

Options
  • 19-01-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

Quick one for ye,will a turbo from a 2001 130bhp Tdi passat fit a 2001 130bhp Tdi 01 audi A4?A friends turbo has blown on his audi and he can get a 2nd hand one cheaply enough from a passat(new ones are around 1400eu).Afaik they are the same engine,or is there small differences as usual with these kinds of swaps?
    Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Quick one for ye,will a turbo from a 2001 130bhp Tdi passat fit a 2001 130bhp Tdi 01 audi A4?A friends turbo has blown on his audi and he can get a 2nd hand one cheaply enough from a passat(new ones are around 1400eu).Afaik they are the same engine,or is there small differences as usual with these kinds of swaps?
    Thanks lads.

Take the faulty unit out ( plenty of easy to follow guides on line if either of you are mechanically handy ) and verify the part number - this will be on a plate mounted directly onto the unit. This is one way to have absolute verification. That said, I'm sure one of the pros will be in with more definitive info. Best of luck ( and yes, you can save a potential fortune ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Seems they dont,he had the car at his mechanics today.
    Strange,you would think they were the same engine.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I thought they were they same engine?:confused:

I'll post that question on vagdrivers.net for you if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I thought they were they same engine?:confused:

I'll post that question on vagdrivers.net for you if you like?
    Ta lad,if you could..:)

Advertisement