Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer lingus euro or usd

• 19-01-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

hi just bookin flight on aer lingus get two options when paying

I choose to pay in my own currency - Euro (EUR) This transaction is based on the Reuter's wholesale exchange rate plus 3.75 percent standard international conversion margin. Cardholder choice is final.
    I choose to pay in US Dollars (USD) Cardholder accepts that exchange rate used will not be determined until a later date and without further consultation. Cardholder choice is final.

I get two prices USD 400 had Euro €344.

Does that euro price include the 3.75% mentioned above?

Anyone choose either option before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

waster81 wrote: »
    hi just bookin flight on aer lingus get two options when paying

I choose to pay in my own currency - Euro (EUR) This transaction is based on the Reuter's wholesale exchange rate plus 3.75 percent standard international conversion margin. Cardholder choice is final.
    I choose to pay in US Dollars (USD) Cardholder accepts that exchange rate used will not be determined until a later date and without further consultation. Cardholder choice is final.

I get two prices USD 400 had Euro €344.

Does that euro price include the 3.75% mentioned above?

Anyone choose either option before?

I think the Euro price includes that fee. Pretty strange wording, however, for an Irish airline transacting in its own currency.

Advertisement