Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna and Potatoe Bake

• 19-01-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Aye Matey!

Redirect this as required. I can't seem to find a cookery/food forum.

I'm following instructions in which I layer potatoe slices, onion, cheese and then tuna. Next I'm instructed to repeat the layers and bake for 35 mins?

Will 35 mins be long enough for the spuds to cook?

Will the tuna overcook within the 35 mins?

I apreciate that this is fairly random though I'm hoping someone can help.

Comments

I cook the potatoes and then put the tuna on near the end, or leave it on cold (mixed with mayo) after the potatoes are cooked.
    They'll still be hot enough the cheese should melt a little anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Aye Matey! wrote: »
    Redirect this as required. I can't seem to find a cookery/food forum.

I'm following instructions in which I layer potatoe slices, onion, cheese and then tuna. Next I'm instructed to repeat the layers and bake for 35 mins?

Will 35 mins be long enough for the spuds to cook?

Will the tuna overcook within the 35 mins?

I apreciate that this is fairly random though I'm hoping someone can help.

I'd recommend parboiling the peeled potatoes for about 5 minutes first. If you cook them fully before putting them in the oven they might dry out to much while being baked; If you don't partly cook them in advance, they're likely to be hard and slimy, even after 35 mins in the oven.

Bon appétit!

Advertisement