Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody expierencing Meteor trouble tonight?

• 19-01-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

As the title says.... I can't seem to make or receive any phone calls or texts since about 5 o'clock this evening. Anybody else having trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

no trouble here dude (dublin 12) , where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

Dublin24. It was working fine till around 5 but now nothing. Can't even connect to their customer care to ring them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Meteor is crap its owned by eircom which is in debt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

PG4000 wrote: »
    Dublin24. It was working fine till around 5 but now nothing. Can't even connect to their customer care to ring them!
    Give them a ring from your landline.

http://www.meteor.ie/contact_us/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

dunworth1 wrote: »
    everything after the word "crap" is very true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

dunworth1 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1230329&postcount=1
    please note posts should be relevant, helpful, good natured and on-topic

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There were some problems due to the weather. I know I lost coverage in Clonmel earlier tonight around the same time. Strangely though, I switched the phone to dual mode and I could pick up HSDPA coverage, even though Clonmel isn't covered yet! Even made a video call, which worked fine, though a bit distored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Meteor is the most tempermental network i've been with so far. When i lived in Limerick, i would have the full five bars of coverage, but then for like an hour or so every so often, the network would just go down. Of course Meteor told me it must be a sim problem but the same thing was happening with my sister's phone who is also on Meteor.

And now i'm living in Cork City and i'm having the same problem, the coverage just goes every day, for like a few minutes at a time. So its most definitely a network issue and not a handset problem. I never had this kind of hassle with O2 or Vodafone. I've talked to other friends who are on Meteor and they've experienced the same thing. There's something very wrong with the signal in general, for their own sake they should really look into it, or they stand to lose customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I'm thinking of moving to o2 because for the last 6 weeks or so, I've been having problems with the reception quality on Meteor. Sometimes when I ring someone I don't hear a ringing tone, I just hear hello when they answer, calls drop regularly & signal breaks up if I'm not near a window or outside...

Did something happen with Meteor 6 weeks ago or so that it's signal has gone bad?, or is it just me? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Mite be fault your area ring them up

• Advertisement
Advertisement