Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi, I'm NIF and I'm Banned.

Options
  • 19-01-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

hi,

I'm banned for After Hours - Unjustly, the mod gave me a hard time and banned me for a month - 1 week would have done in fairness.
    I have pm'ed the mod asking nicely to have my ban removed, and they have'nt even bothered to reply to me.

Can someone please help and see reason?

Thanks,

NIF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Checking the access list, you were banned from After Hours on January 9 for 14 days so the ban is set to expire in the morning of January 23.

The reason for the ban was listed by the moderator who banned you as "Trolling/abusing others/whatever."

Just looking at your recent After Hours posts, the two choice cuts below lead me to the conclusion that the ban was entirely fair:
    you are a shoite stirring troublemaker here on boards. Please go away and stay on some Uk forums where you may be appreciated more than you are here on Irish forums.
    ohhh look, I'm aware of what Hyperbole is - but you're not even good at it. You're more like a Hyperbore with your naff illogical low intellect comments. Give em up Cheeze.........pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:)
    And no, i'll stay put here in Eire. I don't like Blighty or Tans.

Even if you secretly nurse kittens back to health on a nightly basis, the ban was entirely deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Fine,but thats in the past......but i was goaded in it too........we are all entitled to our opinion but the Mod (karoma) has a definate attitude problem. The tone of the pm's to me were less than nice. I question the temperment for the position of Mod and I'm not the first to complain here about Karoma.
    Surely i have a right to complain?

Surely i have a right to complain?
    Well, I've looked at the complaint you've made in this thread and put succinctly, it's without merit as the ban is clearly deserved, your posts were in contravention of the After Hours forum charter. I'd strongly advise giving that a looksee when the ban expires, it's stickied at the top of the thread list in the forum.

Your complaint at the start was mainly your view that the ban of "a month" was too long, as I've mentioned, the ban was actually for 14 days rather than a month.

Seperate to the ban, its the TONE of the PM's from the mod Karona.
    Thats my complaint and as i said, i'm not alone in complaining about that mods antics.

Seperate to the ban, its the TONE of the PM's from the mod Karona.
    Thats my complaint and as i said, i'm not alone in complaining about that mods antics.
    I don't have any access to the private messages between the two of you. As private messages are regarded as private communications between two individuals, you have two options if you want to make a second complaint on that. Either send him a PM asking for permission to supply me with the content of that PM (and supply it if you get it, ask him to CC the response to me) or report the PM using the "report private message" icon that appears when you open the message. Obviously this second complaint doesn't affect the length of your ban from After Hours.

• Advertisement

sceptre wrote: »
    Obviously this second complaint doesn't affect the length of your ban from After Hours.

meh....so what would it achieve then?

meh....so what would it achieve then?
    I haven't seen the PM that you're now complaining about so not having seen it, I don't know. I was pretty clear in my initial response that the ban was deserved so if that's all you want to get reviewed, then from my perspective, you've got roughly 80 hours of your temporary After Hours ban left. If you want to report the PM using the "report private message" button, feel free, but that's a separate issue. Case closed on this one I'm afraid.

ok, fair enough - but I'd like to be on the record here on Boards about Karomas questionable tone and communications by pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You stated that you sent a request about getting your ban lifted, but they didn't reply to you.

Now you're saying that they did reply to you? Which is it?

seamus wrote: »
    You stated that you sent a request about getting your ban lifted, but they didn't reply to you.

Now you're saying that they did reply to you? Which is it?

Hi Seamus,

to be clear, they did'nt reply in the last 72 hours to my PM asking for my ban to be lifted.

The other Pm's i refer to are previous to that (about 10 days ago i think) - quite seperate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement