Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earpiece not working on C905

• 19-01-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had their earpiece(internal speaker) go on their SE c905? Mine has gone for no reason whatsoever and I have just flashed my phone with the latest software but the problem persists. I also just saw on a few sites while looking, that there are plenty of people with the same problem! :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

su_dios wrote: »
    Has anyone had their earpiece(internal speaker) go on their SE c905? Mine has gone for no reason whatsoever and I have just flashed my phone with the latest software but the problem persists. I also just saw on a few sites while looking, that there are plenty of people with the same problem! :S

When was it bought? There's normally a 28 RMA period where an evident fault in a handset can be straight swapped for another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Was bought about 2months ago on 3...have had it unlocked and just debranded it and upgraded it there hoping it would fix the problem. So I won't be able to walk back into a 3 store. I will have to go to somewhere that fixes SE phones( can't think of the name of the company?) and hope they don't mind.

Bump!

Where can I send/bring my phone to fix it? Dublin(city centre or northside if possible).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Bump!

Where can I send/bring my phone to fix it? Dublin(city centre or northside if possible).
    I can only recommend mprc.ie in Sandyford.

Thanks.. I'll do the trek!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was bought about 2months ago on 3...have had it unlocked and just debranded it and upgraded it there hoping it would fix the problem. So I won't be able to walk back into a 3 store. I will have to go to somewhere that fixes SE phones( can't think of the name of the company?) and hope they don't mind.

You should be able to bring it back to 3 who will send it away to get repaired? Its under warranty..

Sully wrote: »
    You should be able to bring it back to 3 who will send it away to get repaired? Its under warranty..
    I'd say if they got their hands on it they'd lock it again and put there branding back on, if they even bother to repair it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'd say if they got their hands on it they'd lock it again and put there branding back on, if they even bother to repair it.

Well it would go to SE and not 3 repair store.. Or at least some sort of repair store so I doubt they would flash it back with branding. Iv seen the Feedback forms given with SE phones - the problem will be reported and you will get an answer back as to what solution was found. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If it were to be sent away by 3 part of the repair process means reflashing it with 3 software. Also if you unblock it your warrenty with the network is void.

Walkman wrote: »
    If it were to be sent away by 3 part of the repair process means reflashing it with 3 software. Also if you unblock it your warrenty with the network is void.

Source? To the best of my knowledge, 3 do not repair the phone. Nor do they have a repair center. I also dont believe for one second that your warranty is void if you unblock the sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 use a company called fonemenders for their repairs. If you send it back through 3 it will get reflashed and thus locked back to 3. Getting the phone unlocked by a third party is against 3's t&c thus you void the warrenty they give you

Walkman wrote: »
    3 use a company called fonemenders for their repairs. If you send it back through 3 it will get reflashed and thus locked back to 3. Getting the phone unlocked by a third party is against 3's t&c thus you void the warrenty they give you

Now that is interesting. All the more reason to avoid them I guess.

Thanks for all the info guys.. you have confirmed my suspicions. I just need to find the time now to drop it out.

How was the phone unlocked ? Flashing the phone may not necessarily lock it again, depending on what way it was unlocked.

As far as unlocking the phone voids the warranty, they have no way to tell (unless maybe the the was disassembled badly) how the phone was unlocked. I unlock phones all day long, yes I use 3rd party equipment, but they've noway to tell that I did this, 99% percent of the time I don't need to open the phone, ie if I was to unlock a C905, I could do it in about 40 seconds. For all they know, the phone was never locked in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

Hi,
    I bought this phone on Meteor from Carphone Warehouse. I returned it and got a straight replacement. Had to bring the second one back with the exact same problem. There was a buzz in the earpiece when making calls. Saw on other sites that this is a common problem with this model. After changing to a Nokia, taking quite a while to get used to again though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 one_dips

My phone was debranded when i bought it from ebay, my ear piece went yesterday but can hear ppl if i put the speaker phone on and am worried if i send it back to three they wont be too pleased, should i send it to Sony erricson to be fixed .. if so how do i send it to them carn't find out how to send in a phone for repairs on their site .The code in the back of the phone is 09W17 so im guessing it is still under warrenty

Advertisement