Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DreadLocks...

• 19-01-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey is there any Hairdressers in Galway that does "Good" Dread -locks... knows how to do them... I don't want to a clueless hairdresser....! I'd like someone who's done them loads of times or even just a few times...
    I haven't got a whole lot of hair... "Under cut" so that prob make it easier and cheaper to....:rolleyes:
    and if so has anyone any idea how much ?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'm not sure about a hairdresser, but I have a vague memory of seeing a sign in Galway Social Space, of someone who 'does' and waxes dreads.
    It is in Middle St. Lots of dread people in and out of there, it may be a better (and cheaper!) option tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I know someone who knows someone who does them, PM me if you want me to get you in contact with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭swimgal08

How would you wash and dry that kinda hair :cool:
    868156214_4d03ded458.jpg

swimgal08 wrote: »
    868156214_4d03ded458.jpg

Same as normal wash:rolleyes:
    Just takes a bit longer to dry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

I also know someone that does them, send me a PM, i'll give ya contact. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

868156214_4d03ded458.jpg

Imagine her pubes! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I've two rastafarian friends and they wash their hair just the same as anyone else, it just takes an age to dry and is really heavy.

As for TC, if you're white.... just no. White people with dreadlocks look filthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I've two rastafarian friends and they wash their hair just the same as anyone else, it just takes an age to dry and is really heavy.

As for TC, if you're white.... just no. White people with dreadlocks look filthy.
    racist

DRakE wrote: »
    racist

Smelly hippies aren't a race :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I don't know the mechanics but I'd imagine the whole affair to be conducted in shame, filthy 1990s crusty shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

i think the op asked for anyone who would locks up there hair, not personal opinions.

as for race, rastafari have locks, so that jah can bring them too heaven by there hair, jah does not decriminate in race, all are equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Isn;t there an African hairdresser off the top of Shop street near the Noodle House?

Isn;t there an African hairdresser off the top of Shop street near the Noodle House?

nah dem closed down, not enough african/west indian heads too do
    shame though, i have too get the kids hair stuff online now..

bearclaire wrote: »
    nah dem closed down, not enough african/west indian heads too do
    shame though, i have too get the kids hair stuff online now..

Sorry but..... to, too, two :)

m83 wrote: »
    Sorry but..... to, too, two :)

did ya go toilet today or are you really anally retentive all the time ??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

did ya go toilet today or are you really anally retentive all the time ??:rolleyes:

You know, I don't really get the point of reregging a new name just so that you can make e-enemies all over again.

You may want to "hush your gums".

Xiney wrote: »
    You know, I don't really get the point of reregging a new name just so that you can make e-enemies all over again.

lol, very London

so mid canadian lol:D

Yup, proficient in the grammar of two languages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

And not to mention having multiple accounts on any forum is frowned upon TBH.

• Advertisement

Yup, proficient in the grammar of two languages!

Good for you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭slapbangwhallop

May friend from St. Kitts call dreads on white people "sh1tlocks" - and for good reason to I think. I have never seen dreads on a white look good.

I just did a big poo thinking of you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I came very close to getting them on holiday last June. :P

In retrospect I'm glad I didn't, but do still harbour a fascination as to what they would look like on me... Hmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Síle28

Oh no no no puuulease! This 'hairstyle' and I don't use the ' ' lightly, should be made illegal...not to stereotype here, but I'll do it anyways cause anyone I ever met with their hair like this was a potsmoking wannabe hippie who thought they could save the world from their living room armed with their joints and a few cans of Dutch Gold...(can't wait for the reaction to this one :rolleyes:)

Dutch Gold:mad:
    Flaggons it was, how dare you!

:p

I have to say I have seen good looking 'whitelocks' as well as a pile of 'oh it reeeealy looks bad on ya'.
    And I have mates with very very grown up jobs who eat meat, make loads of dosh, wear the odd suit, and have locks.
    Mostly in the States though...and IT sorta doesn't count does it:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Weidii/mr biazzi

Could you please forward me on those contact details if they still do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

i think the op asked for anyone who would locks up there hair, not personal opinions.

as for race, rastafari have locks, so that jah can bring them too heaven by there hair, jah does not decriminate in race, all are equal.

Yawn... (ooops is that an opinion???)

ThreadNecro.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

ThreadNecro.gif

I'm utterly confused but hey, that looks pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

What's up?? have dreads become an overnight sensation here :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement