Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcat Ink

Options
  • 19-01-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hey Board.. ers?

I just wanna ask for one thing. Can everyone who has ever been to Wildcat Ink on Abbey Street NOT in the Stephens Green shopping centre plz give me some feedback on the shop?

I have a friend who's set to get his first tattoo there after watching me have my first one done there.. we just need to convince his Mam that it's a good shop! We both already know this.. but she wants some solid recommendations, so I thought Id start with the general tattood and/or pierced community.

cheers in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Why doesn't she just go and check the place for herself? What better way to get an idea and vibe than in person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Cos she's his foster mam and well into her 60's I think, we're fighting an uphill battle here. Here daughter is pretty much telling her that there's only 2 good shops in Dublin, Stigmata in Swords (which we know won't touch him because of where he wants his tattoo) and some place on Talbot street which we checked out and he doesn't want to go to because he doesn't feel safe in the place! .. it seemed kinda dodgey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

By the sounds of it he's underage since he needs mammy's permission. A good place wont ink him!

He's 16, we've already been through all that already. He got the go-ahead from his social worker, his foster parents and we even managed to get written permission from his biological mother in Manchester.

o.0

Not trying to be rude, especially to someone's mother, but can she not drive or bus it in and get an idea for herself?

I'd go with my gut feeling before anyone on the internet told me so.

by the way there are plenty of other good studios around, but this is personal opinion and if your mate wants to get inked there, why not? :)

If he/she is over the age of 18 I see it as a non issue with his/her mother as the person is legally an adult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Written permission won't do a thing. A good studio will not ink a 16 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gauge wrote: »

^^ This

Well its not like we're gonna walk in with just a letter which could obviously be fake.. but we convince his foster mam that the shop is good enough then she'll come aswell as the responsible adult.. cos obviously im an adult.. but far from a responsible one! lol

Bringing a parent doesn't work either. Would an off-license sell you alcohol if your mam came along and said it was ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Doesn't make a difference. It is against the law to tattoo someone under 18, Even with parental permission AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    He's 16, we've already been through all that already. He got the go-ahead from his social worker, his foster parents and we even managed to get written permission from his biological mother in Manchester.

Any tattooist that values his reputation will NOT tattoo anyone under 18.

Asking about underage tattooing used to be a banable offence here.Must resurrect that rule.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Doesn't make a difference. It is against the law to tattoo someone under 18, Even with parental permission AFAIK

Actually its not against the law as there are no laws regarding tattooing over here.Its more of a moral law that respected artists enforce themselves.

In a lot of studios, even with a parent present they will not ink someone under the age of 18, same with piercings. I had to accompany my sister to get her labret pierced.

your friend who im taking is female, her body will change shape, it is advisable to wait until she is at least 18 if not later before she gets inked.

Bringing a parent doesn't work either. Would an off-license sell you alcohol if your mam came along and said it was ok?

Balls to that! right Im a stubborn mofo so Im gonna take the chance and probly get shot down.. Im makin him ring them up tomorrow and find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

A good studio will not ink a 16 year old.

^

Will wrote: »
    In a lot of studios, even with a parent present they will not ink someone under the age of 18, same with piercings. I had to accompany my sister to get her labret pierced.

your friend who im taking is female, her body will change shape, it is advisable to wait until she is at least 18 if not later before she gets inked.

Nope its a guy lol

and i didnt know there was no laws against it! thatll help!! thanks whoever said that!

Nope its a guy lol

and i didnt know there was no laws against it! thatll help!! thanks whoever said that!

How is that going to help? Do you really think that a studio with a reputation to protect is going to break the rules just for you?

Balls to that! right Im a stubborn mofo so Im gonna take the chance and probly get shot down.. Im makin him ring them up tomorrow and find out

Stubborness in this will make your friend seek out somewhere that is going to tattoo him regardless, and the only places that will do that are the places that you wouldn't want to get tattooed in.

Going in and insisting to the tattoo artist that he get tattooed because X Y and Z says it's ok is only going to annoy the tattoo artist.

And what if they dont?

If they do though let us know :rolleyes::rolleyes:

GAUGE theres no rules.. just guidelines, and i was saying that im gonna make him ring up so he can ask if they're gonna ink him cos hes 16.. dont get pissy with me

and DAMO Id never let my friend go to **** job.. that is after all why im here! to get recommendations for a GOOOOOOOOOD shop.. but instead iv got nothin but bull..

• Advertisement

So, you want a good shop that'll tattoo your 16 year old friend?

Are you familiar with the word oxymoron?

GAUGE theres no rules.. just guidelines, and i was saying that im gonna make him ring up so he can ask if they're gonna ink him cos hes 16.. dont get pissy with me

and DAMO Id never let my friend go to **** job.. that is after all why im here! to get recommendations for a GOOOOOOOOOD shop.. but instead iv got nothin but bull..

Listen here, what we are telling you isn't bull. You're eager to get your mate inked even though he isn't 18. Nowhere decent will tattoo anyone under the age of 18, parental consent, biological parental consent or even a strongly worded letter.

you can throw your toys out of your pram all you want and throw a hissy fit but everyone here thus far has been polite to you. Gauge was just letting you know that no where will tattoo and underager, as was everyone else. You are the one getting p¡ssy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Id never let my friend go to **** job.. that is after all why im here! to get recommendations for a GOOOOOOOOOD shop.. but instead iv got nothin but bull..

You haven't got nothing but bull, you've been told the truth, that your 16-year-old friend CANNOT get inked in a good studio. End of.

So, you want a good shop that'll tattoo your 16 year old friend?

Are you familiar with the word oxymoron?

Yup.. iv never come up with an oxymoron myself even though iv tried.. guess i did it by accident huh?

Here no ones getting pissy with you mate.Youre getting pissy with the regulars here.

So far in 12 posts Ive had to delete 1,ask you to calm the language down and now this.

You come here asking about underage tattooing youre going to get these type of answers.

And we've just been telling you, no good place will tattoo a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Id never let my friend go to **** job.. that is after all why im here! to get recommendations for a GOOOOOOOOOD shop.. but instead iv got nothin but bull..

And youve been told that: a GOOOOOOOD shop will not ink a minor.

Ever.

end of.

Tell him wait a few years and go to a reputable artist who will do a great job that he'll love forever.

No ones getting "pissy" but you here, were all giving good advice here ;)

ok SORRY WILL!! but i was unaware we weren't allowed to swear on this site.. I was under the impression that we are all adults and could take a few sentence enhancers.. sorry for being myself.

Im not pissy anymore, sorry again.

So am I to assume that the tattoo artist that said yes to him when he asked would they tattoo him even though he's a minor.. was lying?

So am I to assume that the tattoo artist that said yes to him when he asked would they tattoo him even though he's a minor.. was lying?

Either that or hes one of the bad ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Well if a tattoo artist really did say yes to him when he asked would they tattoo him even though he's a minor, then he should not go anywhere near said tattoo artist. 2 pages of this thread and you still haven't got the point!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement