Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcat Ink

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    So am I to assume that the tattoo artist that said yes to him when he asked would they tattoo him even though he's a minor.. was lying?

Does your friend look older than 16? Did he tell the artist that he was under 18?
    -lala- wrote: »
    Well if a tattoo artist really did say yes to him when he asked would they tattoo him even though he's a minor, then he should not go anywhere near said tattoo artist. 2 pages of this thread and you still haven't got the point!

QFT.

Much as your friend might be annoyed at having to wait to get inked, I bet he'd be even more annoyed if he ended up with a crappy tattoo permanently etched into his skin, or getting an infection from getting tattooed in a dodgy studio.

The guys on here know what they're talking about and really only have your friend's best interests at heart whey they tell you he should wait. Listen to them, they're giving good advice. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

He doesnt look 18 he looks 14 tbh.. and yes he said hes 16..

I know everyone is trying to help and you OBV have my friends well being at heart but what lala said up there was belittling..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

I know everyone is trying to help and you OBV have my friends well being at heart but what lala said up there was belittling..

I don't see how my post was "belittling", it was certainly not intended to cause any offense, just to state the facts. A good studio will not tattoo your underage friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Sometimes the truth hurts as gay as it sounds. We hear and see pictures of people who got tattoos when they were underage, they got them done in shoddy places because none of the decent artists would ink them. Now they're stuck with crap ink on the for the rest of their lives.

What's another 2 years and get an awesome tattoo, compared with getting one now and most likely ending up regretting it in a few years time.

My tastes have changed substantially since i was 16.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It wasnt belittling--its the truth.Whether you accept that or not is up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

So am I to assume that the tattoo artist that said yes to him when he asked would they tattoo him even though he's a minor.. was lying?

who was it?

and was it actually a tattooist, or a potentially ill-informed receptionist?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If that's the case, then I wouldn't trust this artist to tattoo your friend. As everyone else has already said, a decent artist won't tattoo someone who's underage.

hot2def wrote: »
    who was it?

and was it actually a tattooist, or a potentially ill-informed receptionist?

I never got his name, but he's the one that ran me through all my aftercare stuff.. :S now i REALLY hope he wasnt just a "potentially ill-informed receptionist"

maybe he wasn't listening to the question. maybe it was loud.

I sincerely doubt that anyone in Wildcat will knowingly tattoo a 16 year old.

I know these things.

maybe he wasn't listening to the question. maybe it was loud.

I sincerely doubt that anyone in Wildcat will knowingly tattoo a 16 year old.

I know these things.

On the day? 11am noone BUT him me and my mate in the shop.. no way he misheard him.. do ya know him? kinda baldy.. v.skinny, nostril piercings stretched out to.. well alot

• Advertisement

no, I've seen him but we have never met.

When I was there, you would have been told no. I assume its still that way.

no, I've seen him but we have never met.

When I was there, you would have been told no. I assume its still that way.

Oh you worked there? what are you a piercer or tattooist?

oh and can your correct me on that plz? ^^^ tattooist or tattoo artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

On the day? 11am noone BUT him me and my mate in the shop.. no way he misheard him.. do ya know him? kinda baldy.. v.skinny, nostril piercings stretched out to.. well alot

He's the manager... and from personal experience, I wouldn't touch WildCat with a barge pole... the most disorganised unprofessional tattoo shop I've ever been in

He's the manager... and from personal experience, I wouldn't touch WildCat with a barge pole... the most disorganised unprofessional tattoo shop I've ever been in

can ya explain that please?

Again please stay on topic, comments like that aren't welcome dancingqueen.

Thread i think has seen its end. Let's move onwards and upwards :pac:

reopened by request

keep it civil and on topic or it will be closed

Dancingqueen could ya tell me about the shop plz? what gave you the impression that its badly run?

thanks again will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Many apologies for the seemed "off topic" response there Will.

I thought I was giving honest feedback

Will wrote: »

My tastes have changed substantially since i was 16.

boom, I know where i'd be now...

star-trek-tattoo.jpg

now THATS off topic^^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

boom, I know where i'd be now...

star-trek-tattoo.jpg
    stilll a trekkie virgin??(way off topic) *flys away*

now THATS off topic^^^

And that's back seat modding which i can infract you for.

I duno what infract means.. but i get the jist of what your tellin me

now THATS off topic^^^

no, it isn't

I am stating that if I got tattooed at 16, this is the sort of thing I would be stuck with now.

and I assure you, I believed I was fully mature and knew what I wanted at that point too. Having said that, I am sure some people exist who have reached their fully adult opinions by 16. I pity the foo'.

Thankfully, then as now, I was a fierce nerd and took rules very seriously, and would never have asked a tattooist (or anyone else) to break them.

If you get 9 infractions you are site banned for good.

An infraction here carries a 1 - 2 week ban and a permanent mark on your profile.

no, it isn't

I am stating that if I got tattooed at 16, this is the sort of thing I would be stuck with now.

and I assure you, I believed I was fully mature and knew what I wanted at that point too. Having said that, I am sure some people exist who have reached their fully adult opinions by 16. I pity the foo'.

Thankfully, then as now, I was a fierce nerd and took rules very seriously, and would never have asked a tattooist (or anyone else) to break them.

I posted this thread to look for opinions good and bad of a shop.. not your opinions on whether a 16 year old is mature enough to decide on a tattoo that hes gonna be happy with for the rest of his life..

I posted this thread to look for opinions good and bad of a shop.. not your opinions on whether a 16 year old is mature enough to decide on a tattoo that hes gonna be happy with for the rest of his life..

this bickering is going to get your thread closed - its your funeral.

you discussed the age issue before I did, you can't complain about it being off topic.

ffs ok closing it now.

No one here is telling you anything positive... maybe there is a hint in there? it's in direct violation of the charter anyway and you are just arguing and back seat modding.

Familiarise yourself with the charter QOTSA90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Do you understand how a public forum works?? also she's a tattoo artist AFAIK, You should really listen to her opinion

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement